AOpen Aeolus 6600GT
- Quiet cooling
- Seems a little unstable
This card could not finish all of our benchmarks and thus is hard to recommend.
Price$ 379.00 (AUD)
Based on the GT version of the 6600 GPU, the Aeolus 6600GT has 128MB of GDDR3 memory and features SLI capabilities as well as high definition video output.
It ships with a couple of games as well as cabling to take advantage of its high definition output and TV-out features.
It has a quiet cooling system, which includes a heat sink and fan combination atop the GPU as well as copper heat sinks for all the memory chips.
It produced very competitive scores in most of our tests, but could complete a Doom 3 test at a resolution of 1280 x1 024 and with 2X anti-aliasing enabled. Repeated runs at this setting caused our system to freeze or re-start automatically.
The GPU and memory clocks on this card are 500MHz and 1GHz by default. We are hesitant to recommend this card because of its inability to finish all our tests.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- FSP's wild new power supply is liquid-cooled and built for silence
- Some Radeon RX Vega graphics cards will be faster than the Frontier Edition
- Nvidia quietly launches the GeForce GT 1030, a Radeon RX 550 rival with a modest price
- AMD's first Radeon Vega graphics card isn't for you, and gamers may be waiting a while
- AMD's Ryzen Mobile chips are ready for liftoff, with the new Ryzen Pro not far behind
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior IT System Engineer Availability SpecialistACT
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA