AOpen OpenBook 1557GLS
- Great performance, light weight
- Plain design
The reasonably-priced OpenBook 1557GLS is a classy product.
Price$ 2,799.00 (AUD)
The heart of this Centrino-branded (802.11b/g Wi-Fi-equipped) machine is a 1.8GHz Intel Pentium M processor, 512MB of 333MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM, an 80GB 5400rpm Fujitsu hard disk and a multiformat DVD writer.
The 15" display supports a maximum resolution of 1400 x 1050 and graphics are served up by a 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 graphics controller.
The SYSMark 2001 and PC World Bench 5 productivity benchmarks returned high scores of 284 and 80 respectively, and 3DMark 2001 scored an amiable 8738.
This well-constructed model includes essentials like three USB slots, FireWire, 10/100 Ethernet, 56Kbps modem and support for one Type II PC Card. However it has nice touches too, such as S-Video TV-out, optical audio-out, an integrated multi-card reader and Windows-independent CD player and controls located atop the keyboard. Programmable shortcut buttons are on the right of the keyboard. Bundled extras include a Targus carry bag and AOpen mini optical mouse.
With a solid set of features and battery life at a reasonable weight and price, the 1557GLS is a classy offering.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- CCLead Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCBusiness Strategy Analyst - Financial Services - Based in BrisbaneVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTPresales Project ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer l MPLS, switching, BGP, OSPF, MPBGPNSW
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- FTIT Security ConsultantSA
- FTMarketing Analyst - $60 phOther
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior AWS Cloud SpecialistsOther
- CCCyber Security ArchtiectQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPJunior Service Desk AnalystQLD