Apple iPod Photo
- Colour screen, good battery life
The Apple iPod Photo is an elegant but pricey way to tote around your favorite photos as well as your music.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Carrying a wallet full of pictures around with you is so last year. Apple's iPod Photo makes looking at your most beloved pictures while on the go as easy as listening to your favorite tunes. But it isn't cheap.
This iPod variant is the first in Apple's line of digital audio players to feature a colour screen. The 2", 65,000-colour display is beautiful and crisp, though a bit small for viewing photos. It can also display tiny versions of album art while music plays.
You load photos in the same way that you would load music, via iTunes 4.7 software. Scrolling through thumbnails--even hundreds of them--is lightning fast. You can choose to look at a single photo, scroll through photos manually, or start a slide show. The Slideshow Settings menu lets you specify, among other things, how long each slide displays, as well as a playlist to aurally accompany the slide show. An included cable gives you the option of plugging the unit into a TV's RCA jacks for big-screen viewing.
In spite of the iPod Photo's colour screen, Apple managed to improve the unit's battery life over the standard iPod. I squeezed nearly 14 hours of listening and viewing pleasure out of one charge (that's up from about 12 hours of run-time on current fourth-generation monochrome iPods). The price may be steep, but the iPod Photo won me over with its gorgeous colour screen and high-quality audio. Now instead of suffering through 40 minutes on the treadmill while staring at the calorie counter, I can pass the time looking at my favorite pictures.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple OpportunitiesOther
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Pega TesterOther
- FTPMO/Financial AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- FTNetwork Design SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC