Get your hands on the WD 1TB My Passport Go SSD. Now drop resistant up to 2 Meters.
Ashampoo PowerUp 3
All-in-one system optimiser Ashampoo PowerUp includes a slew of helpful utilities to make your PC perform faster.
- Good for power users
- Not great for tech novices
Power users will certainly welcome Ashampoo PowerUp, even if it doesn't offer as much advice for those with a less technical background.
Price$ 81.99 (AUD)
All-in-one system optimiser Ashampoo PowerUp includes a slew of helpful utilities to make your PC perform faster, including a Registry Cleaner, bootup optimiser, overall system tuneup tools, and features that customise how you access your network.
In addition to tuneup tools, Ashampoo PowerUp also has options for customising the way that Windows works. These include customising startup and shutdown, Windows logon, the Windows desktop; whether to use animation effects in Windows Vista; and even options for customising Vista's dreaded User Account Control (UAC).
All that is to the good, but Ashampoo PowerUp 3 is pointed more at power users than at less-experienced people looking to tune up their systems.
Ashampoo PowerUp doesn't include detailed advice and wizards - it shows you the options, describes what they do, and let you take it from there. A piece of software such as the identically priced TuneUp Utilities does a better job of not just analysing your system and showing you what it finds, but also of making recommendations, such as which programs to disable from automatic startup.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Adobe expands Creative Cloud M1 support, claims over 80% better performance than Intel
- Starlink Internet to be deployed in outback Aussie school
- How to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and iCloud account
- How to customize the Safari start page in macOS Big Sur 11.3
- Run Windows 10 on your M1 Mac with Parallels Desktop 16.5
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?