- Above average sound quality
- Nothing of note
In a sea of portable iPod speaker systems, the i-P22 somewhat differentiates itself with great sound quality, making it a good choice to throw in the car and bring out on the road.
Astone's i-P22 is another product in the growing line of portable iPod speaker systems. It is a fairly standard device that offers a range of power options and a dock for your iPod, however it somewhat differentiates itself from the pack by offering above-average sound quality, which other devices often lack, and a sturdy design.
With these products, there is generally little to talk about besides the quality of the audio, and fortunately the i-P22 impresses in this regard. It presents a fairly neutral sound that is full of detail and life. These systems tend to have rather flat bass with distorted mid-ranges and sharp highs, but that was not the case here. The i-P22 offers rich, strong bass that is well balanced against the other ranges, making the overall sound quite fun and lively. The mid-range offers good detail and decent separation of sounds, with relatively mellow highs rounding out to a pleasant sound.
We were also impressed with the directional capabilities of the system. Generally portable speakers struggle to be properly audible unless you're sitting right in front of them, but during testing the i-P22 could be heard across the room. It was noticeably muddier, but still perfectly acceptable.
If you're into minimalist control setups, then you'll feel right at home with the i-P22. It sports just three buttons, two for volume and a power switch. There are no treble or bass adjustment options, which disappointed us a little. The facade is occupied by the two speakers themselves, along with dual slots that contain the four AA batteries, as well as a nifty pocket to store your ear-buds. An iPod can be mounted in the small dock connector, which sits in the middle of the unit.
It is a fairly standard looking device, with a hard black exterior that unzips to reveal the smooth white speakers within. This design makes it suitable for regular transport and combined with the excellent audio quality, makes the i-P22 a great choice for those trips to the beach.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- CCSystems AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesACT
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWorkforce Analyst Contract opportunity in MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Agile / DigitalOther