- No DVD writer, integrated graphics
This budget buy looks good and includes some nice options (FireWire, TV-out, card reader) and free extras (mouse, carry bag), but you don't get a DVD writer and the processor doesn't help with battery life.
Price$ 1,499.00 (AUD)
This notebook uses a 2.8GHz Intel Celeron D processor, which provides good performance for a good price, certainly, but doesn't really charge out of the gates. The graphics are integrated, which means the latest games are off-limits, but you can opt to borrow up to 128MB of memory from the main 256MB DDR SDRAM. Lastly, this model has a CD-writer/DVD-ROM combination--which burns CDs and plays DVDs, but does not burn DVDs.
So if all this, in addition the hefty weight (3.8kg) and relatively low battery life (64 minutes in our worst-case scenario test), isn't too much of a compromise, the A4L is worth a closer look.
Performance was about what you'd expect for this price--with a result of 57 in our productivity application benchmark (PC WorldBench 5) and a lacklustre 1659 in 3DMark 2001SE.
You can connect peripherals using the four USB 2.0 or single FireWire ports, network using Ethernet, 56Kbps modem or 802.11b wireless networking and output to an external monitor with the VGA-out, or to a television via the S-Video TV-out port.
Nice little extras include a seven-in-one multiformat card reader, Windows-independent CD playback and controls, free carry bag and optical mouse, and the same software bundle and warranty supplied with the more powerful ASUS V6000V.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerOther
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- CCProgram Manager - Telco O2AVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Heavy Vehicle Regulation & LegislationOther
- FTApplication PackagerACT
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- FTBilling Consultant - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC