- Fast burning, great value
- Nothing of note
The ASUS DRW-1608p2s leads the field in speed and value
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
If you are looking for fast dual-layer burning, then the buck stops with the ASUS DRW-1608P2S. It is the fastest double-layer and single-layer DVD burner we have had and it comes with support for every DVD and CD format.
The ASUS Double Dynamic Suspension System reduces vibration and controls resonant frequencies. This resulted in a high quality burn at the highest speed of 8x on a 2.4x DVD+DL disc. The ASUS over-speed burning immediately recognised our media and set it to 8x. It is the only DVD burner that has been able to burn 2.4x DVD-DL at 8x, allowing for a full 7.2GB to be burnt in 17 minutes, a rate of 7.05MBps. The DVD+R 4GB burn test with a 6x disc was burnt in 7.5 minutes, which was a little slower than other burners. However, ASUS claims you can burn an 8x DVD+R disc at speeds of up to 12x. We didnA¢i¿½i¿½t yield any speed increases using our 6x disc.
Buffer underrun problems have been eliminated by the introduction of FlextraLink technology, which continually monitors the buffer to prevent the creation of unusable discs. The burst rate was quite fast at 37MBps, producing a transfer speed to the hard disk of 16MBps..
Join the newsletter!
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital’s new MicroSD card enables 24/7 next-gen video capture
- Western Digital Ups The Game With Powerful New Gaming SSD
- QNAP Launches The Quad-Core TS-253Be and TS-453Be NAS
- Synology C2 Backup Now Available to Users Worldwide
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTData Warehouse Project ManagerVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- CCFront End Developer, North Sydney, UI knowledge, ReactJS, Adobe ManagementNSW
- FTSenior iOS Software EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTSoftware/Application Development EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager T24NSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTData Migration DeveloperNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Security EngineerOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- TPProject CoordiantorNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTAccount Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTITSM Configuration ManagerOther
- FTSecurity DesignerOther
- TPUser Experience DesignerACT