ASUS Extreme AX600XT/HTVD
- Overclocking utility
- No VGA port, not up to standard for modern games
A reasonable choice for those who need DVI on a non gaming machine
Price$ 1.00 (AUD)
The Extreme X600XT is based on the X600 XT chip and has 128MB of GDDR memory installed. Its default clock speeds of 500MHz for the GPU and 742MHz for the memory provided decent scores in Unreal Tournament 2003, but it did not produce adequate frame rates in Doom 3 above the 800x600 resolution setting. A large heat sink and relatively quiet fan cool the GPU, but the memory does not have any cooling devices, and Asus also ships the card with an overclocking utility that can run this card at a maximum GPU/memory clock speed of 550MHz/780MHz. We tested with these settings and experienced good stability and image quality, while noticing a three frame-per-second (fps) boost in Doom 3.
This card is one of the few we have seen which does not have a standard VGA port on its bracket, but instead has only a DVI port and a high definition (HDMI) port. It does ship with a DVI-VGA adapter so an analog monitor can be connected to it, and it also ships with component cables to make use of the high definition output. Because it does not have an analog VGA port, the card does not have the typical capability to be used in multiple monitor situations. Regular TV-out functions are supported via S-Video and composite cables and video-in functionality is also a feature of this card. Apart from high-end connectivity, a good software bundle is also supplied and includes such titles as Deus Ex: Invisible War, PowerDirector 3 and Medi@show.
If gaming is not your main focus, but you require high definition output, then this card is worth considering.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTChange Architect - technology and organisationalOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTCRM / MS Dynamics Architect / Sr ConsultantACT
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager, Business Operations ImprovementsOther
- CCWintel Server & SOE EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - Onsite - UrgentOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTAEM/Jave DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Lead Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSupport Analyst - Level 1-2Other
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther