ASUS Extreme N6600GT
- Great performance, great software bundle
- Quite expensive
A great performer; however, you definitely pay a premium for the extra processing power
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Looking at the performance results of this card, it quickly becomes obvious why ASUS has decided to bill this card as "Extreme". It beat other cards in its class in every single test that we ran and it did so very convincingly. In particular, Unreal Tournament 2003 ran blazingly fast at all resolutions and Doom 3 ran brilliantly in high-detail mode, even at a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
These scores were achieved by a reported GPU clock speed of 500MHz and a memory clock speed 1100MHz. It has a cooling system that encompasses the memory chips in addition to the GPU.
Output options on this card include VGA, DVI and S-Video and composite TV-out (via adapters) and because this card is based on the GT version of the 6600, it can also be used as part of an SLI configuration.
Software bundled with this card includes Doom 3, overclocking and hardware monitoring utilities, a software DVD player as well as PowerDirector 3DE and Medi@show SE 2.0. We recommend this card because of this useful bundle and its best-in-class performance.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesWA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- FTGovernance Manager (Systems Assurance)Other
- FTEnterprise Architect - Permanent OpportunityQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTField Engineers - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPSenior Engineer - Data CentreNSW
- FTProject SchedulersQLD
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTSenior ArchitectACT
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developers (.Net / C# / Visual Studio)ACT