So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
ASUS Extreme N6600GT
- Great performance, great software bundle
- Quite expensive
A great performer; however, you definitely pay a premium for the extra processing power
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Looking at the performance results of this card, it quickly becomes obvious why ASUS has decided to bill this card as "Extreme". It beat other cards in its class in every single test that we ran and it did so very convincingly. In particular, Unreal Tournament 2003 ran blazingly fast at all resolutions and Doom 3 ran brilliantly in high-detail mode, even at a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
These scores were achieved by a reported GPU clock speed of 500MHz and a memory clock speed 1100MHz. It has a cooling system that encompasses the memory chips in addition to the GPU.
Output options on this card include VGA, DVI and S-Video and composite TV-out (via adapters) and because this card is based on the GT version of the 6600, it can also be used as part of an SLI configuration.
Software bundled with this card includes Doom 3, overclocking and hardware monitoring utilities, a software DVD player as well as PowerDirector 3DE and Medi@show SE 2.0. We recommend this card because of this useful bundle and its best-in-class performance.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 2 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
- 3 Jabra Elite 65t review: Third time's the charm
- 4 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 5 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
Latest News Articles
- Razer debut the Razer Core X
- Spectre Lives: Intel, Google and Microsoft confirm new CPU vulnerability
- Samsung Electronics introduces Pro Endurance microSD
- HyperX Announces Predator DDR4 RGB
- Razer round out entry-level RGB lineup with new Abyssus Essential gaming mouse
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- OnePlus debut the OnePlus 6
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?