ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 Android phone (preview)
The Fonepad Note is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus
- Huge screen
- Dual speakers on front
- Included stylus
- Thicker and larger than Galaxy Note II
- No 4G connectivity
- No word on AU release
The ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
Large smartphones seem to be as popular as ever and ASUS has just jumped into the game with the Fonepad Note FHD 6. It's a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
ASUS yet hasn't released a full specifications sheet for the Fonepad Note, despite unveiling the device at the Computex trade show in Taipei. However, the Fonepad Note appears to be slightly larger and thicker than the Galaxy Note II. ASUS chairman Jonney Shih says the phone has an "incredible narrow frame" that will easily fit in a pocket but make no mistake — this is a very large smartphone.
The Fonepad Note comes with dual-stereo speakers that sit above and below its 6in screen and the back is finished in a glittery, white plastic. The device appears to come in a white model only, though we expect to see a black model released at some stage. A stylus is included with the Fonepad Note and it is stored in a compartment at the back of the phone, very similar to the Galaxy Note II.
ASUS has used a full HD Super IPS+ screen with a resolution of 1920x1080, so expect the Fonepad Note to display crisp text. The device is powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, has 2GB of RAM and comes with either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory. A microSD card slot allows users to expand the on-board storage.
Unfortunately, the Fonepad Note is not an LTE device, so it won't support 4G networks in Australia. The handset is a quad-band 3G smartphone that will work on all Australian 3G networks including Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Other features of the ASUS Fonepad Note include an 8-megapixel rear camera, a front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video calls and NFC connectivity. The phone runs Google's latest 4.2 "Jelly Bean" version of Android.
ASUS hasn't announced if or when the Fonepad Note FHD 6 will be launched in Australia, but we expect to see it in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Sony Xperia XA2 to be Available in Australia
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Belkin
- CES 2018: Belkin Unveils Armada Of New Wireless Charging Solutions
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++ - Financial Services - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTExecutive AssistantOther
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Developer (Cerner)QLD
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- CCCRM Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure PMO AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Security AnalystOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FT.Net Full-stack DeveloperOther
- TPIT & Systems Support OfficerQLD
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTData Centre Server EngineerOther
- CCBack-End Developers - PHP - Federal GovernmentVIC
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst - ContractOther
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTProject Manager - NSW Health exp essentialOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTVarious DevelopersACT