ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 Android phone (preview)
The Fonepad Note is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus
- Huge screen
- Dual speakers on front
- Included stylus
- Thicker and larger than Galaxy Note II
- No 4G connectivity
- No word on AU release
The ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
Large smartphones seem to be as popular as ever and ASUS has just jumped into the game with the Fonepad Note FHD 6. It's a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
ASUS yet hasn't released a full specifications sheet for the Fonepad Note, despite unveiling the device at the Computex trade show in Taipei. However, the Fonepad Note appears to be slightly larger and thicker than the Galaxy Note II. ASUS chairman Jonney Shih says the phone has an "incredible narrow frame" that will easily fit in a pocket but make no mistake — this is a very large smartphone.
The Fonepad Note comes with dual-stereo speakers that sit above and below its 6in screen and the back is finished in a glittery, white plastic. The device appears to come in a white model only, though we expect to see a black model released at some stage. A stylus is included with the Fonepad Note and it is stored in a compartment at the back of the phone, very similar to the Galaxy Note II.
ASUS has used a full HD Super IPS+ screen with a resolution of 1920x1080, so expect the Fonepad Note to display crisp text. The device is powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, has 2GB of RAM and comes with either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory. A microSD card slot allows users to expand the on-board storage.
Unfortunately, the Fonepad Note is not an LTE device, so it won't support 4G networks in Australia. The handset is a quad-band 3G smartphone that will work on all Australian 3G networks including Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Other features of the ASUS Fonepad Note include an 8-megapixel rear camera, a front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video calls and NFC connectivity. The phone runs Google's latest 4.2 "Jelly Bean" version of Android.
ASUS hasn't announced if or when the Fonepad Note FHD 6 will be launched in Australia, but we expect to see it in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Belkin introduces 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar compatible with new iPhone range
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- FTProject Support Officer (Part Time)SA
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- FTData Scientist (Scientific Computing Specialist)ACT
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- CCProgram Manager - Telco O2AVIC
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTProcess Specialist (Continuous Improvement)Other