- Lightweight, high performance
- Runs too hot
The ASUS has big application performance and a sleek physical appearance.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
Here is another portable option for the mobile professional or student requiring the latest performance without the usual weight.
The ASUS V6000V weighs just 2.6kg and scored 92 in our PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark--a very high score for a notebook this light.
It uses Intel's updated Centrino platform. It features a distinguished design, sturdy build and dropped-down hinges for the 15" display. There's also ample palm rest area on either side of the touchpad/scroll buttons. Fetching blue status LED lights are used in various places and application shortcut keys are placed discreetly above the keyboard.
Unfortunately, we noticed that the palm rests tended to get a bit warm, and we had intermittent cursor skipping issues even with the Synaptics Touchpad software installed and tweaked.
The DVD writer and PC Card bays are located on the left of the machine, in addition to the infrared, FireWire and VGA-out ports. On the right, you'll find four USB 2.0 ports, audio connections, Ethernet plus 56Kbps modem ports and the multi-card reader.
This is a solid unit (with a few niggling issues) that ships with a two-year pick-up-and-return warranty, and a good software bundle.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCSIAM KPI Reporting Business AnalystNSW
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- CCJava DevelopersVIC
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- FTSenior Project Manager, Business Operations ImprovementsOther
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- FTStakeholder Engagement Lead x2 (Land Access)Other
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- FTPMO LeadOther
- TPPrincipal Solution Architect | CloudQLD
- TPProject Manager. Software Service.NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationACT
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC