- Stylish design, TV tuner
- Second hard disk would be nice
The overall performance of the W1 is pretty much on par with its competition, but its design and value-added features make it stand out from the pack
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
The W1 is a multimedia notebook with style to spare. Its well-constructed design includes a fingerprint-resistant brushed metal alloy finish on the latchless lid itself (with squeak-free "hidden" screen hinge) and around the keyboard. The palm rest is spacious and there's no gap between it and the glidepad, which reduces dust build-up.
Recessed shortcut buttons are located to the right of the keyboard, speakers along the top and a subwoofer is located underneath the machine to deliver high quality audio. Sound outputs include S/PDIF audio and 3D-out, which provides a faux-4.1 surround sound effect.
The W1's 16:10 wide-aspect display has a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050. It's bright and quite viewable at angles. The 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 graphics controller drivers make outputting the display to a TV (via the S-Video output) or external monitor straightforward.
The W1 also features a built-in analog TV tuner and antenna connection. The supplied remote control and ASUS Mobile Theatre software combine to deliver a lounge-room-like experience. You can take snapshots of all channels in a station wall, record and save TV programs, as there's even timeshifting functions. You also receive two full-version games: Gun Metal and Battle Engine Aquila, in addition to a game demo CD.
Overall performance of the W1 is pretty much on par with its competition, but its design and value-added features make it stand out from the pack. It has a two-year return-to-base warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- Crowdfunding campaign to bring wireless charging to the Macbook
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTO365 ConsultantOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Developer - Node.js - APINSW
- FTTechnical Solutions DeveloperNSW
- TPDeveloper (Programmer)ACT
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- FTSystems engineer - Endpoint SecurityVIC
- FTData Quality AnalystOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersVIC
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- TPLead User ResearcherACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTMid-level Front End DeveloperOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperWA