ASUS WL-HDD 2.5
- Customisable hard disk capacity, wireless compatibility
- No USB 2.0 or gigabit Ethernet, quite pricey
The WL-WDD is great for users who want portable storage that's compatible with wireless technology.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The ASUS WL-WDD is designed to be used over a wired 10/100 Ethernet or 802.11b/g wireless network.
Ideal for business or home users, it provides a location all computers can access to dump files (data, music, videos etc), possibly eliminating the need for a file server. In effect, it's a simple NAS (network attached storage) device.
The WL-HDD is sold without a hard disk, so users can add a 2.5" notebook hard disk of their own choice and capacity. The device can also act as a wireless access point and allow a wireless Internet connection to be shared over a network. Both WEP and WPA encryption are provided to help secure the connection and files. For feedback, four LEDs indicate the status of active connections.
The WL-WDD is also equipped with a USB 1.1 connection, primarily designed to automatically copy data from USB storage devices. Gigabit Ethernet would have been nice, as would have USB 2.0, but as things stand, this is a fantastic little device that could be extremely useful for a wide variety of users.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution Designer/Architect - Java IntegrationOther
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- TPDynamics CRM Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Solution DesignerQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTSAP Business Analyst x 4NSW
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTITSM Configuration ManagerOther
- TPMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst DeveloperACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CC0365 EngineerNSW