ASUS WL-HDD 2.5
- Customisable hard disk capacity, wireless compatibility
- No USB 2.0 or gigabit Ethernet, quite pricey
The WL-WDD is great for users who want portable storage that's compatible with wireless technology.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The ASUS WL-WDD is designed to be used over a wired 10/100 Ethernet or 802.11b/g wireless network.
Ideal for business or home users, it provides a location all computers can access to dump files (data, music, videos etc), possibly eliminating the need for a file server. In effect, it's a simple NAS (network attached storage) device.
The WL-HDD is sold without a hard disk, so users can add a 2.5" notebook hard disk of their own choice and capacity. The device can also act as a wireless access point and allow a wireless Internet connection to be shared over a network. Both WEP and WPA encryption are provided to help secure the connection and files. For feedback, four LEDs indicate the status of active connections.
The WL-WDD is also equipped with a USB 1.1 connection, primarily designed to automatically copy data from USB storage devices. Gigabit Ethernet would have been nice, as would have USB 2.0, but as things stand, this is a fantastic little device that could be extremely useful for a wide variety of users.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTCloud EngineerOther
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCTechnical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC