AV Labs AVL325s
- Above average sound
- No optical input
The AV Labs AVL325s is a decent 5.1 sound system for PC users.
Price$ 189.95 (AUD)
The AV Labs AVL325 is a 5.1 speaker system, designed primarily for PC use. It offers fairly good sound quality that tends to be bass heavy, along with an infra red remote, making it a decent choice for those after surround sound on their computer.
The system comes with a standard set up of five satellite speakers and a subwoofer. Our testing revealed that the subwoofer was the dominant element, pumping out high levels of bass which somewhat overshadowed the other elements of the music. That said, the quality of the bass wasn't all that high in both our movie and games testing and we felt it lacked the necessary punch to truly make the experience immersive.
The high treble registers were quite good, with only a slight amount of harshness, but this complemented the gritty, metallic sound of the system. We were pleased with the level of detail and separation, and while it won't match that of a more expensive system, it was more than adequate considering the price tag.
Surround sound was well handled, with nice transitions between the front and back speakers. It doesn't compete with a fully fledged home theatre system, but those after a basic 5.1 gaming experience will be satisfied by this package.
Aesthetically, the system is fairly plain, with a black colour scheme and speaker grills across the front. However, the small speakers mean it should fit unobtrusively into a regular PC setup. The only exception to this is the subwoofer, which is quite large, so a fair bit of room will need to be set aside for it. We also tested the included infrared remote control, which has all the music navigation functions you'd expect, and worked well.
The speakers are connected to the subwoofer via standard speaker cables, with red and black wires clearly marked for easy setup. Sound is input via one of three RCA connections. We'd have liked to see a digital option, but on a relatively cheap system such as this it isn't essential.
Overall, this is a fairly standard speaker system. It provides above average sound quality at a relatively competitive price, and may be a good choice if you're looking to make the jump to 5.1 surround sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTHead of Development - SaaS ProductNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTLinux DevOps EngineerOther
- FTGraduate Inside Sales Consultant - SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTMobile App Developer - XamarinWA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTProject Deployment EngineerQLD
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTSenior Change Manager / Director, IT & Business TransformationOther
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW