Avanquest TurboCAD 15 Deluxe
21 years old!
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a superbly specified and good value-for-money CAD program which has versatility on its side. It’s suitable for a wide variety of uses inclusive of architectural technical drawing, 3-D rendering and specialist design. TurboCAD 15 Deluxe isn’t best suited for the beginner however, but many intermediate to advanced designers on a budget will find the specification and design-genre flexibility truly excellent — if they can ignore the less than polished user interface and monotonic tome-like manual.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
NOTE: Pricing for this product is in US$.
TurboCAD in its various iterations is easily one of the longest running CAD software programs ever created with a product lifespan in excess of twenty one years — and resulting in claimed sales of 2 million copies. Its not difficult to see why it's been so successful as this latest, version, TurboCAD 15 Deluxe, costs just US$129.95.
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a versatile piece of computer-aided design (CAD) software as it can not only do standard 2-D/3-D technical drawings in AutoCAD's .DWG format and .DXF drawing exchange format files (amongst many others) but is also handy in many other areas of design. It can turn its hand to product design, furniture design, kitchen and micro engineering detail design in 3D. It features good quality rendering with colour shading and lighting effects.
Included in the TurboCAD 15 Deluxe package is an useful roster of library samples, consisting of building construction, electrical, circuit boards and furniture. There are also many examples of component templates which are really useful for quick visualisations and as comparative tools against which to assess new designs.
The creation of colour transparencies with either 2-D or 3-D designs aids its functionality and gives professional results when crafting graphic design, logos and even brochures for all these newly designed products.
However, all this versatility and generous-for-the-price specification may be somewhat lost on the beginner as TurboCAD 15 Deluxe's user interface is not the slickest. It cannot compare to AutoCAD or even Photoshop, for instance — TurboCAD is a bit messy and non-intuitive as a result.
A further limitation for the novice is the printed user guide, which at 470 pages long and about the thickness of a paperback novel isn't the easiest read. It has a dry-looking layout that even some intermediate users could find convoluted. Much better would have been split up volumes of user manuals, with quick reference guides printed in larger format paper with colour screenshots.
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a versatile tool for mechanical design, architecture and much more.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMidrange EAI Developer - IBM WebsphereOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCCloud EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- FTProject Manager | Onsite ParkingOther
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- FTInternal Communications ConsultantSA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCJunior Java DevelopersVIC
- CCHFC Support EngineerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior CRM Support AnalystOther
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTSecurity DevOps EngineerOther
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW