Avanquest TurboCAD 15 Deluxe
21 years old!
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a superbly specified and good value-for-money CAD program which has versatility on its side. It’s suitable for a wide variety of uses inclusive of architectural technical drawing, 3-D rendering and specialist design. TurboCAD 15 Deluxe isn’t best suited for the beginner however, but many intermediate to advanced designers on a budget will find the specification and design-genre flexibility truly excellent — if they can ignore the less than polished user interface and monotonic tome-like manual.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
NOTE: Pricing for this product is in US$.
TurboCAD in its various iterations is easily one of the longest running CAD software programs ever created with a product lifespan in excess of twenty one years — and resulting in claimed sales of 2 million copies. Its not difficult to see why it's been so successful as this latest, version, TurboCAD 15 Deluxe, costs just US$129.95.
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a versatile piece of computer-aided design (CAD) software as it can not only do standard 2-D/3-D technical drawings in AutoCAD's .DWG format and .DXF drawing exchange format files (amongst many others) but is also handy in many other areas of design. It can turn its hand to product design, furniture design, kitchen and micro engineering detail design in 3D. It features good quality rendering with colour shading and lighting effects.
Included in the TurboCAD 15 Deluxe package is an useful roster of library samples, consisting of building construction, electrical, circuit boards and furniture. There are also many examples of component templates which are really useful for quick visualisations and as comparative tools against which to assess new designs.
The creation of colour transparencies with either 2-D or 3-D designs aids its functionality and gives professional results when crafting graphic design, logos and even brochures for all these newly designed products.
However, all this versatility and generous-for-the-price specification may be somewhat lost on the beginner as TurboCAD 15 Deluxe's user interface is not the slickest. It cannot compare to AutoCAD or even Photoshop, for instance — TurboCAD is a bit messy and non-intuitive as a result.
A further limitation for the novice is the printed user guide, which at 470 pages long and about the thickness of a paperback novel isn't the easiest read. It has a dry-looking layout that even some intermediate users could find convoluted. Much better would have been split up volumes of user manuals, with quick reference guides printed in larger format paper with colour screenshots.
TurboCAD 15 Deluxe is a versatile tool for mechanical design, architecture and much more.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTHead of Development - SaaS ProductNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Techno Function ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC