Avanquest VCom Fix-It Utilities 6.0
- Plenty of options, Monitors system resources
- No technical support, May be confusing for beginners
It’s not the best in its category, but Fix-It Utilities is a substantial improvement on previous releases and is packed with plenty of features.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
No matter how much you adore it, one day your PC may crash. It might get a virus, the Registry could tie itself in knots, and it may throw hard-drive and software tantrums at the worst possible moments. This is where Avanquest's VCom Fix-It Utilities comes in.
Hot on the heels of Iolo's System Mechanic Pro, Fix-It leaves its other main rival, Norton SystemWorks, where it belongs - back in 2005. Whereas Norton has a habit of repackaging the same old disk-utility tools in a nice new box, Fix-It has brought out the big guns for this particular release.
Its powerful fusion of hard disk tools, drive defragmentation, data recovery and antivirus would have been complete, if only it had incorporated live technical support. We can't help thinking that the number of options alone will confuse beginners.
In fact, Fix-It bulges with so many impressive features, it almost tries too hard. It could do without some of the lesser inclusions. For instance, you can synchronise your clock with any online source, or log your Windows error messages.
As an antivirus program alone, Fix-It isn't too bad. As well as automatic web updates and email and file scanning, it sports an option to remove viruses without prompting. It's definitely a useful antidote to forgetfulness.
But this isn't just an antivirus tool and Fix-It will speed up, clean up and fix your system. It can defrag and optimise your hard drive, make Registry access more efficient, plus find and fix errors in your hardware. It can even scan for spyware, make a rescue disk, and monitor system resources. What more could you ask for?
Fix-It still has some way to go if it wants to be top of its field; however, it does what it's supposed to, and it's definitely an improvement on earlier versions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTIT Security Technical Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - CRMQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC