Avanquest VCom Fix-It Utilities 6.0
- Plenty of options, Monitors system resources
- No technical support, May be confusing for beginners
It’s not the best in its category, but Fix-It Utilities is a substantial improvement on previous releases and is packed with plenty of features.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
No matter how much you adore it, one day your PC may crash. It might get a virus, the Registry could tie itself in knots, and it may throw hard-drive and software tantrums at the worst possible moments. This is where Avanquest's VCom Fix-It Utilities comes in.
Hot on the heels of Iolo's System Mechanic Pro, Fix-It leaves its other main rival, Norton SystemWorks, where it belongs - back in 2005. Whereas Norton has a habit of repackaging the same old disk-utility tools in a nice new box, Fix-It has brought out the big guns for this particular release.
Its powerful fusion of hard disk tools, drive defragmentation, data recovery and antivirus would have been complete, if only it had incorporated live technical support. We can't help thinking that the number of options alone will confuse beginners.
In fact, Fix-It bulges with so many impressive features, it almost tries too hard. It could do without some of the lesser inclusions. For instance, you can synchronise your clock with any online source, or log your Windows error messages.
As an antivirus program alone, Fix-It isn't too bad. As well as automatic web updates and email and file scanning, it sports an option to remove viruses without prompting. It's definitely a useful antidote to forgetfulness.
But this isn't just an antivirus tool and Fix-It will speed up, clean up and fix your system. It can defrag and optimise your hard drive, make Registry access more efficient, plus find and fix errors in your hardware. It can even scan for spyware, make a rescue disk, and monitor system resources. What more could you ask for?
Fix-It still has some way to go if it wants to be top of its field; however, it does what it's supposed to, and it's definitely an improvement on earlier versions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)WA
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Test Analyst (Data Migration)Other
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC