Avanquest VCom Fix-It Utilities 6.0
- Plenty of options, Monitors system resources
- No technical support, May be confusing for beginners
It’s not the best in its category, but Fix-It Utilities is a substantial improvement on previous releases and is packed with plenty of features.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
No matter how much you adore it, one day your PC may crash. It might get a virus, the Registry could tie itself in knots, and it may throw hard-drive and software tantrums at the worst possible moments. This is where Avanquest's VCom Fix-It Utilities comes in.
Hot on the heels of Iolo's System Mechanic Pro, Fix-It leaves its other main rival, Norton SystemWorks, where it belongs - back in 2005. Whereas Norton has a habit of repackaging the same old disk-utility tools in a nice new box, Fix-It has brought out the big guns for this particular release.
Its powerful fusion of hard disk tools, drive defragmentation, data recovery and antivirus would have been complete, if only it had incorporated live technical support. We can't help thinking that the number of options alone will confuse beginners.
In fact, Fix-It bulges with so many impressive features, it almost tries too hard. It could do without some of the lesser inclusions. For instance, you can synchronise your clock with any online source, or log your Windows error messages.
As an antivirus program alone, Fix-It isn't too bad. As well as automatic web updates and email and file scanning, it sports an option to remove viruses without prompting. It's definitely a useful antidote to forgetfulness.
But this isn't just an antivirus tool and Fix-It will speed up, clean up and fix your system. It can defrag and optimise your hard drive, make Registry access more efficient, plus find and fix errors in your hardware. It can even scan for spyware, make a rescue disk, and monitor system resources. What more could you ask for?
Fix-It still has some way to go if it wants to be top of its field; however, it does what it's supposed to, and it's definitely an improvement on earlier versions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCMicrosoft CRM Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- CCProgram Coordinator | IT TransformationNSW
- FTOffice Manager / PAOther
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- TPJava DeveloperACT
- FTLead Business Analyst - Senior Digital ConsultantACT
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Corporate SuperOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTTechnical LeadOther