AVG Identity Protection 8.5
AVG Identity Protection analyses the actions of applications to see whether any exhibit suspicious behaviour
- Can supplement your existing antimalware software
- Many antimalware programs are free
As an extra level of layered protection it's hard to fault AVG Identity Protection — until you consider its price.
Price$ 33.99 (AUD)
When it comes to protecting yourself against malware, you can't take too many precautions. AVG Identity Protection gives you another security tool to protect against malware threats specifically designed to steal private information such as passwords, bank account information, and credit card numbers.
Unlike many other antimalware programs that look at malware signatures to see whether you're infected, this program instead analyses the actions of applications to see whether any exhibit suspicious behaviour. If they do, AVG Identity Protection shuts down the program.
You can customise AVG Identity Protection in a variety of ways by telling it that certain applications are safe, for example. The program runs alongside your existing antimalware software and supplements it, rather than replaces it.
There's only one problem with AVG Identity Protection: its price. At $33.99, it's not cheap, especially considering that many antimalware programs are free. So you'll have to decide whether the extra peace of mind is worth the extra cost.
Join the newsletter!
Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- New study finds IT professionals lack confidence in their ability to detect and contain cyber breaches
- New ATR Findings: Hidden Cobra Targets Financial Sector
- McAfee Launches Industry’s Most Comprehensive Cloud Security Solution for Microsoft Azure
- D-Link ANZ Partners Exclusively with AVSystem for Zero-Touch Device Management in Australia and New Zealand
- Intel tells customers to stop rolling out faulty patches
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTLead Agile BAOther
- FTPrincipal Solution Architect ? Healthcare InfrastructureQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Infrastructure/ Office Relocation)Other
- TPProject Manager. Business Process TransformationNSW
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- FTIT Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management Technical DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTChange and Communication LeadersOther
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- TPProject Manager - ServiceNowNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Cloud Solution ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- CCOracle Financial Functional ConsultantNSW