Belkin Car Vent Mount review
An easily transportable phone holder
- Rubber clips might not last too long
A small, portable device which holds your phone in cars.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
If you regularly switch cars then having a large, adjustable phone mount can be a pain to move around – especially if you’re travelling. Belkin’s Car Vent Mount has four rubber slots on the back meaning it can easily clip onto most formats of car air vents. We tested on a Ford Mustang, Subaru Liberty and Ford Kuga, all of which had different vents and it held fast.
The sides are spring-loaded and adjustable with rubber grips and it securely held onto phones as wide as an iPhone 6S Plus and the Huawei Mate 8 which has a 6-inch screen.
Our only concern is the rubber clips on the back could well get loose over time and start losing their grip. But there'd be simple ways of fixing that.
Ultimately, it does what it says on the tin and costs $30.
- 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- Here's how Maserati customized Android for its Ghibli dashboard
- How to fit child seats and baby capsule in a 2016 Mustang
- Subaru Liberty 3.6R 2016 review
- Review: Tudia Klip seeks to prolong the life of iPhone and iPad charging cables
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The 'Amazon effect' will drive autonomous vehicles, Nvidia CEO says
- Sony's clever image sensor helps autonomous cars see better
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- Ford hires 400 mobile connectivity engineers
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT