Belkin Australia Hub-to-go 7-in-1
- Seven USB ports, Detachable four-port travel hub
- Could have had eight or more
If you're a heavy USB user and are sick of reaching under the desk to connect your USB devices, the Belkin 7-in-1 USB hub is a great choice for convenience.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
The age of the USB is well and truly upon us. Shed yourselves of those horrible floppy disks, they were never really floppy anyway, were they? Belkin has released a number of USB hub options, the big-daddy of which is the 7-in-1 USB hub with a detachable four port travel hub.
By now it's rare for any regular computer user to be without a Flash memory stick or USB key, whatever you want to call it, and many people will have actually have a few. Perhaps you use a USB attached external storage device for your computer, a USB printer or simply a USB connected digital camera or MP3 player. The list goes on.
Certainly, most computers will have a good number of USB ports and most thoughtful PC cases include at least two ports on the front or top of the enclosure, but reaching under the desk to plug in your USB device is a pain no matter how convenient they make it.
Belkin's USB hub provides a set of 4 permanent USB 2.0 ports for your stationary PC gear and another four port travel hub, which docks with the main hub (via one of its four ports), providing a total of seven easily accessible ports for all your devices. The travel hub connects via a rotating USB port, allowing you to keep other ports unobstructed when using it.
It's easy to set up. Two cables run from back of the main docking station; one connects to a single USB port on your PC, the other provides power from a power outlet. From there on in you simply plug and play like you would any USB port. The device itself looks reasonably elegant with a small tray that presumably doubles for small USB devices when they're not connected.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerOther
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - SharepointVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystSA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesACT
- TPChange ManagerVIC