Belkin Powerline AV+ Starter Kit F5D4075
The Belkin Powerline AV+ networking kit lets you extend your home network over your electrical wiring
- Interchangeable wall plug and extension cord, three Ethernet ports on remote adapter
- No set-up utility
If you have more than one device that you would like to network, or if you want the convenience of desktop mounting, the Belkin Powerline AV+ may be your best option among powerline kits.
Price$ 269.95 (AUD)
HomePlug AV powerline kits tend to be similar in most respects, but the Belkin Powerline AV+ has two compelling features that set it apart from the rest, at little or no added cost.
First, no other HomePlug AV kit we've looked at has interchangeable wall and desk mounts. Like most powerline adaptors, the Belkin Powerline AV+ can remain happily plugged into a wall outlet. But the Belkin kit also includes a cord that permits you to park the adaptor on your desk, saving space in a crowded power outlet and making it easier to connect and disconnect devices.
Second, the Belkin Powerline AV+ includes multiple Ethernet ports in the remote adaptor — an extremely useful feature for home-theatre applications.
You can take advantage of the Belkin Powerline AV+'s three ports to keep your game console, DVR, and Slingbox (for example) connected simultaneously. The overall powerline throughput (about 60mbps in our tests) will get split up among those three ports, but you're unlikely to use more than one or two of them at once, and it can easily handle two high-definition streams.
Otherwise, the Belkin Powerline AV+ kit performs on a par with the other HomePlug AV kits we tested, producing glitch-free high-def video streaming and very good throughput.
The Belkin ships without a software utility, so you can't do things like change the quality of service prioritisation on your network. But it does include a colour-coded powerline LED that indicates whether your connection is bad, so you'll know whether you should choose a different outlet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Netgear
- CES 2018: D-Link Demonstrates New Connected Innovations
- Razer Partners With Ignition Design Labs on Gaming-Grade Wi-Fi
- Netgear target small businesses with Orbi Pro
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPService Desk OperatorACT
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTChief Technology OfficerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTCheckpoint Engineers wantedVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Regulatory ResponseNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- CCEnterprise Architect (Software/API background)QLD
- FTSupport Services Manager - SaaSOther
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTIT Security EngineerOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSnr MS SQL Developer- Australian only- security clearanceOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- FTIT Security ConsultantSA