Belkin Australia TuneStage 2 for iPod
- Works with both home stereo and Bluetooth accessories, Decent sound quality, Easy to setup
- Expensive, Only works with accessories with the passcode 0000, Transmitter is a little large when used with the nano
The TuneStage 2 isn't perfect and commands quite a high asking price, but it does a relatively good job of streaming your music wirelessly.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
The Belkin TuneStage 2 is a device that enables you to wirelessly stream an iPod to a home stereo system, using the iPod itself as a remote control. In addition, the TuneStage 2 also lets you connect to a range of other Bluetooth accessories, including wireless headphones.
The unit consists of two main parts, a receiver that plugs into a stereo, and a transmitter that plugs into an iPod. Setting up the unit is as easy as plugging the included RCA cable into a free port at the back of a stereo, and using the supplied AC adapter to connect the receiver to power. We used the Panasonic SC-PT850W during testing, and plugged the RCA cable into its auxiliary port. A detachable aerial at the rear of the receiver provides a 10m Bluetooth range, while the unit can also be wall mounted if you wish.
Pairing an iPod is a fairly simple. Plug the transmitter into the iPod, press play and the transmitter automatically enters pairing mode, indicated by a fast flashing blue light on the front. Once connected to the TuneStage receiver, the light changes from flashing furiously, to flashing slowly. One particular annoyance is the lack of a button to automatically enter pairing mode. Each time you want to connect a new device (and subsequently put the unit into pairing mode) you'll have to press play on the iPod immediately after connecting the transmitter. A switch or button to enter pairing mode would have made life much easier.
Sound quality is reasonable and the quoted 10 metre range is effective, although the closer the iPod is to the receiver the better the sound. During our tests the signal remained fairly consistent and we didn't experience many drop outs. According to Belkin, the TuneStage can be interfered with by 2.4GHz radio waves; this includes many cordless phones, microwave ovens and wireless networks.
The TuneStage 2's transmitter also allows you to use the iPod with a number of Bluetooth accessories, including wireless headphones, or even a car stereo with Bluetooth. The catch is it that it will only work with devices that use the Bluetooth passcode 0000. Thankfully, most Bluetooth accessories do, and we used Motorola's Z9 headphones without any issues. Conveniently, the transmitter includes a USB port so you can charge the iPod while it's being used, and Belkin includes a USB cable in the sales package. Another sour point is the transmitter; if you're using it with an iPod nano, it's quite large and won't fit into your pocket easily.
Overall, if you really want to be able to play an iPod through your home stereo, and have the luxury of also using it with wireless Bluetooth accessories, then the TuneStage 2 is a decent choice.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!NSW
- CCIntegration Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Continuous Improvemen/Productivity SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCImplementation EngineerWA
- TPAgile Scrum MasterQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTIT Project CoordinatorOther
- FTC++/Python DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal SAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTIntegration Analyst - Axway/APIVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD