BenQ Australia DC C50
- Good manual controls, simple menu
- Mediocre image quality
Competent but not outstanding, the DC C50 is worth a look if you want a compact 5 megapixel camera.
Price$ 679.00 (AUD)
Aluminium and high-gloss plastic styling aside, the 5 megapixel CCD and low price are sure to bring the DC C50 attention. At the DC C50's top resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels and highest quality setting, you can fit about 10 shots on the supplied 32MB SD card before you need to upload or swap cards. Power is supplied by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
The lens is a standard 3X optical zoom with a maximum aperture of f2.8, so it's not as well equipped for dim lighting conditions as some of the more expensive 5 megapixel models. Also, the 1.5" LCD can get a little crowded with information at times.
Manual controls include aperture and shutter priority modes, exposure bracketing plus a full manual mode. There's a choice of manual balance plus six lighting presets, spot or average weight (multipoint) metering, and three exposure presets for portrait, sports and low-light photography.
The autofocus illuminator would prove handy for shooting in the dark and it also has a time-lapse mode with up to one-minute intervals as well as a three-shot full-resolution burst mode.
The camera itself was fairly easy to operate with a clear menu system and logical switchgear. We also liked the way it pauses slightly before engaging the 4X digital zoom, letting you know when you've left the range of the lens.
The image quality was about what you'd expect for the price, with a tendency towards over-sharpening and slightly vivid colour balance, but these can be adjusted along with image contrast in the camera setup. However, the image detail wasn't quite as crisp as you might anticipate from a 5 megapixel model, suggesting that the optics aren't really up to scratch. Despite the low price, BenQ hasn't cut too many corners.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTMicrofocus Cobol DeveloperOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Network ArchitectOther
- CCWeb Writers/EditorsVIC
- FTSAP MM ConsultantOther
- FTWeb Writers/EditorsOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther