BenQ Australia DC C50
- Good manual controls, simple menu
- Mediocre image quality
Competent but not outstanding, the DC C50 is worth a look if you want a compact 5 megapixel camera.
Price$ 679.00 (AUD)
Aluminium and high-gloss plastic styling aside, the 5 megapixel CCD and low price are sure to bring the DC C50 attention. At the DC C50's top resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels and highest quality setting, you can fit about 10 shots on the supplied 32MB SD card before you need to upload or swap cards. Power is supplied by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
The lens is a standard 3X optical zoom with a maximum aperture of f2.8, so it's not as well equipped for dim lighting conditions as some of the more expensive 5 megapixel models. Also, the 1.5" LCD can get a little crowded with information at times.
Manual controls include aperture and shutter priority modes, exposure bracketing plus a full manual mode. There's a choice of manual balance plus six lighting presets, spot or average weight (multipoint) metering, and three exposure presets for portrait, sports and low-light photography.
The autofocus illuminator would prove handy for shooting in the dark and it also has a time-lapse mode with up to one-minute intervals as well as a three-shot full-resolution burst mode.
The camera itself was fairly easy to operate with a clear menu system and logical switchgear. We also liked the way it pauses slightly before engaging the 4X digital zoom, letting you know when you've left the range of the lens.
The image quality was about what you'd expect for the price, with a tendency towards over-sharpening and slightly vivid colour balance, but these can be adjusted along with image contrast in the camera setup. However, the image detail wasn't quite as crisp as you might anticipate from a 5 megapixel model, suggesting that the optics aren't really up to scratch. Despite the low price, BenQ hasn't cut too many corners.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 First Look: Nikon D850
- 2 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 Google WiFi review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Sydney WestOther
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- CCPenetration TesterQLD
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Database AdministratorOther
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- CCWindows & Linux Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerQLD
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC