BenQ Australia Joybook S73G V41
- Good multimedia options.
- Average battery life and speaker quality.
While it's a master of none, this versatile machine will handle just about anything the average user can throw at it.
Price$ 1,899.00 (AUD)
A jack of all trades, the BenQ S73G has decent performance, some multimedia functionality, is light and portable and doesn't cost a bank-load. Using the remote and the QMedia software that is shipped with the notebook, it's a simple matter of navigating the menu system in order to view your movies, listen to your music or look at your photos -- similar to Windows XP MCE.
The 14.1in screen has a maximum resolution of 1280x800 and displays reasonable contrast and brightness, but loses quality quickly when viewed from higher up. The speakers are located in the bezel, immediately below the screen, which project the audio loud and clear, but don't produce a very full sound, particularly lacking in bass. However an S/PDIF output, shared with the line-out jack, gives you the option of sending your audio to a better set of speakers with digital quality.
This 2.2kg (without PSU) notebook has reasonable battery-life, but it's not exceptional. In our MobileMark 2005 reader test, it lasted an average running time of 156 minutes.
In WorldBench 5 the S73G scored 86, which is quite good for a notebook in this price bracket. This score is due in part to the Intel 1.60GHz T2050 Core Duo CPU, a budget version of the Core Duo CPU's that still has some kick.
The installed Radeon X1600 graphics card fits the needs of this notebook well. With a score of 16,423 in 3DMark 2001 SE it will render low end 3-D graphics well and play older games without a problem, while a score of 1803 in 3DMark 2006 shows it will handle some new games at the lower end of the scale, but can't be pushed too hard.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- TPXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneVIC
- CC.Net Developers - Multiple positionsACT
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCC# Developer (Back-end)VIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT