BenQ Australia PE8700
- Intuitive and easy interface, long lamp life
A well-designed projector targeted firmly at the home theatre enthusiast. Only really suitable for permanent installations.
Price$ 6,999.00 (AUD)
Simply one of the biggest projectors we have seen in the Test Centre, the PE8700 has dimensions of 400 x 347 x 116mm and weighs approximately 7.5kgs. The PE8700 is targeted at the home theatre enthusiast after the ultimate home setup, and can be fitted to any ceiling via the mounting holes on the underside.
With a throw ratio of 80" from 3m distance, the maximum brightness level is 800 ANSI lumens, but brightness can also be reduced to 500 ANSI. The lamp has a reported life of 2000 hours, and we found it very easy to change.
Ports at the rear of the projector include S-Video, composite and component video (RCA), DVI-I (PC) plus RGB/HDTV progressive scan input. The bundled remote is great for taking advantage of some features, such as picture-in-picture or picture-on-picture or adjusting the keystone correction.
At the time of writing, BenQ had just released a newer model: the PE8700+. The PE8700+ uses a more advanced DLP chip, has 1000 lumen brightness, an increased contrast ratio of 2500:1.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTTeam and Project Administrator - SalesforceQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- CCC++ Developer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- CCProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW