BenQ Australia PE8700
- Intuitive and easy interface, long lamp life
A well-designed projector targeted firmly at the home theatre enthusiast. Only really suitable for permanent installations.
Price$ 6,999.00 (AUD)
Simply one of the biggest projectors we have seen in the Test Centre, the PE8700 has dimensions of 400 x 347 x 116mm and weighs approximately 7.5kgs. The PE8700 is targeted at the home theatre enthusiast after the ultimate home setup, and can be fitted to any ceiling via the mounting holes on the underside.
With a throw ratio of 80" from 3m distance, the maximum brightness level is 800 ANSI lumens, but brightness can also be reduced to 500 ANSI. The lamp has a reported life of 2000 hours, and we found it very easy to change.
Ports at the rear of the projector include S-Video, composite and component video (RCA), DVI-I (PC) plus RGB/HDTV progressive scan input. The bundled remote is great for taking advantage of some features, such as picture-in-picture or picture-on-picture or adjusting the keystone correction.
At the time of writing, BenQ had just released a newer model: the PE8700+. The PE8700+ uses a more advanced DLP chip, has 1000 lumen brightness, an increased contrast ratio of 2500:1.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital ProducerVIC