Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
BenQ Australia PE8700
- Intuitive and easy interface, long lamp life
A well-designed projector targeted firmly at the home theatre enthusiast. Only really suitable for permanent installations.
Price$ 6,999.00 (AUD)
Simply one of the biggest projectors we have seen in the Test Centre, the PE8700 has dimensions of 400 x 347 x 116mm and weighs approximately 7.5kgs. The PE8700 is targeted at the home theatre enthusiast after the ultimate home setup, and can be fitted to any ceiling via the mounting holes on the underside.
With a throw ratio of 80" from 3m distance, the maximum brightness level is 800 ANSI lumens, but brightness can also be reduced to 500 ANSI. The lamp has a reported life of 2000 hours, and we found it very easy to change.
Ports at the rear of the projector include S-Video, composite and component video (RCA), DVI-I (PC) plus RGB/HDTV progressive scan input. The bundled remote is great for taking advantage of some features, such as picture-in-picture or picture-on-picture or adjusting the keystone correction.
At the time of writing, BenQ had just released a newer model: the PE8700+. The PE8700+ uses a more advanced DLP chip, has 1000 lumen brightness, an increased contrast ratio of 2500:1.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDatabase Systems Specialist - AzureOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTChange Manager - Gosford, NSW Central CoastNSW
- CCJunior Project AnalystVIC
- FTAWS AdministratorOther
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTSAP CRM ABAP-BRF+ DevelopersOther
- FTRelease ManagerVIC
- TPSQL SSAS BI DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - Contract until 30 June 2018QLD
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Change Analyst - CRM ImplementationOther
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistOther
- FTIT Support - Level 3NSW
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorOther
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (Office 365)Other