BlueAnt Supertooth Light
- Excellent voice quality, ease of use, ease of pairing, pop-out microphone, double sided magnetic clip
- Nothing of note
If there is a better Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone on the market in this price range, then we'd like to know about it. The Supertooth Light is simply an outstanding product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The BlueAnt Supertooth Light is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The Supertooth Light combines outstanding voice clarity, ease of use and the ability to connect up to five mobile phones, making it without a doubt the best hands free speakerphone we've reviewed.
The most common issue with hands-free devices is their in-call quality. Where many devices like these suffer from distortion, the Supertooth Light's full duplex speakers work fantastically, and our calls sound extremely crisp and clear. BlueAnt claims the use of noise and echo-cancellation technologies contributes to a better user experience, and based on our testing we are inclined to agree. Despite plenty of wind noise, we were able to hold a clear, concise conversation in a moving car with the window open.
The Supertooth Light has a unique design, as the microphone, located on the right hand side, also acts as a power button. When clipped to a car's sun-visor, you simply push the square-shaped microphone in to pop it out and power on the unit. Similarly, it pushes back in to turn off. Conveniently, the unit automatically goes into pairing mode when switched on, so pairing with a mobile phone is quick and hassle free. The Supertooth Light can pair with up to five phones and it cleverly remembers each phone, so there is no need to do anything after the original pairing besides switch the unit on.
The Supertooth Light functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected by pressing the call or call end/power keys, and pressing the call button also enables voice dialling (if supported by your mobile phone). Other features include redialling, and transferring calls to and from the unit and your mobile phone, as you move within range or move out of range of the device.
Aesthetically, the Supertooth Light is a sleek and compact device, with a gloss black finish. The unit measures 122mm x 60.2mm x 18.2mm and weighs a reasonable 115g. The speaker sits on top of the unit and is well concealed. There are minimal controls on the unit itself; large answer and end call keys sit next to the speakers, and volume up/down buttons are on top of the device. All the controls are soft and easy to press, and best of all, the answer/end call keys light up when your mobile phone rings for ease of use at night time. Next to the volume buttons are two indicator lights; one a blue light indicating a Bluetooth connection, and the other a charge indicator glowing red when the battery is low, and orange when the battery is being charged.
Conveniently, the Supertooth Light uses two small magnets to attach to the included sun visor clip. This means that when you flip the sun visor down while driving, the unit can easily be taken off and clipped onto the other side, so you can still access the controls. BlueAnt includes an in-car charger, an AC charger and a bonus phone holder in the sales package. Battery life is excellent according to figures of up to 15 hours talk time and up to 800 hours standby time.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD