BlueAnt Supertooth Light
- Excellent voice quality, ease of use, ease of pairing, pop-out microphone, double sided magnetic clip
- Nothing of note
If there is a better Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone on the market in this price range, then we'd like to know about it. The Supertooth Light is simply an outstanding product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The BlueAnt Supertooth Light is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The Supertooth Light combines outstanding voice clarity, ease of use and the ability to connect up to five mobile phones, making it without a doubt the best hands free speakerphone we've reviewed.
The most common issue with hands-free devices is their in-call quality. Where many devices like these suffer from distortion, the Supertooth Light's full duplex speakers work fantastically, and our calls sound extremely crisp and clear. BlueAnt claims the use of noise and echo-cancellation technologies contributes to a better user experience, and based on our testing we are inclined to agree. Despite plenty of wind noise, we were able to hold a clear, concise conversation in a moving car with the window open.
The Supertooth Light has a unique design, as the microphone, located on the right hand side, also acts as a power button. When clipped to a car's sun-visor, you simply push the square-shaped microphone in to pop it out and power on the unit. Similarly, it pushes back in to turn off. Conveniently, the unit automatically goes into pairing mode when switched on, so pairing with a mobile phone is quick and hassle free. The Supertooth Light can pair with up to five phones and it cleverly remembers each phone, so there is no need to do anything after the original pairing besides switch the unit on.
The Supertooth Light functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected by pressing the call or call end/power keys, and pressing the call button also enables voice dialling (if supported by your mobile phone). Other features include redialling, and transferring calls to and from the unit and your mobile phone, as you move within range or move out of range of the device.
Aesthetically, the Supertooth Light is a sleek and compact device, with a gloss black finish. The unit measures 122mm x 60.2mm x 18.2mm and weighs a reasonable 115g. The speaker sits on top of the unit and is well concealed. There are minimal controls on the unit itself; large answer and end call keys sit next to the speakers, and volume up/down buttons are on top of the device. All the controls are soft and easy to press, and best of all, the answer/end call keys light up when your mobile phone rings for ease of use at night time. Next to the volume buttons are two indicator lights; one a blue light indicating a Bluetooth connection, and the other a charge indicator glowing red when the battery is low, and orange when the battery is being charged.
Conveniently, the Supertooth Light uses two small magnets to attach to the included sun visor clip. This means that when you flip the sun visor down while driving, the unit can easily be taken off and clipped onto the other side, so you can still access the controls. BlueAnt includes an in-car charger, an AC charger and a bonus phone holder in the sales package. Battery life is excellent according to figures of up to 15 hours talk time and up to 800 hours standby time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Security Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BillPayOther
- FTSystem Analyst - Wifi TechnologiesOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTGraduate Inside Sales Consultant - SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTIT Security AnalystOther