BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset
The follow up to the original Z9, BlueAnt's Z9 offers the ability to pair with multiple devices simultaneously via multipoint Bluetooth
- Excellent voice quality, noise isolation, design, shirt-clip, different sized ear buds
- Volume buttons require a firm press, voice isolation notifications mute incoming audio
The BlueAnt Z9i slightly improves on its predecessor thanks to multipoint Bluetooth, making it one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
BlueAnt's Z9 is one of the best Bluetooth headsets we have ever reviewed. The BlueAnt Z9i is the follow up model and provides the same great call quality, as well as a few new features.
The BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset looks almost identical to its predecessor, with a gloss black finish on the front and matte black casing on the sides and rear. The etched BlueAnt logo and flashing LED surrounding the multifunction button (MFB) are nice touches, as is the built-in shirt clip.
Soft rubber casing around the ear bud means the Z9i is comfortable to wear for extended periods, and both small and large ear buds are included. We found the small one perfect; we were able to wear the Z9i without an ear hook when using it.
The original Z9 Bluetooth headset included only the translucent ear hook in the sales package, but BlueAnt offers an additional rubberised hook with the Z9i. Both detachable ear hooks can be worn on either ear.
The key feature of the BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset is once again the patented Voice Isolation Technology, which allows users to choose between two modes of voice isolation: standard and max. The former is for normal environments, while the latter should be used if there is significant background noise. These modes can be switched during a conversation by pressing the MFB; a voice lets you know what mode you are in, either "voice isolation max", or "voice isolation standard".
We were impressed with this technology and managed to achieve crisp and clear incoming and outgoing audio when using both modes. Slight background noise is still evident, especially in particularly noisy environments, but for most part, the audio was crisp and clear in both modes. Our only complaint is the voice that informs you each time you change the isolation mode; when it plays, you can't hear incoming audio for two or three seconds.
A new addition is multipoint Bluetooth: the BlueAnt Z9i can pair up to five devices, and it can also connect to two of these devices simultaneously. If connected to two phones you can be on one call, place that call on hold and answer an incoming call on the second phone. This is done simply by holding the volume up button for three seconds. A minor complaint is that the volume buttons are firm and require a forceful press to activate.
Pairing is effortless: hold down the MFB down for six seconds, until the blue light flashes, then pair with your mobile phone. Once paired, accessing different functions is easy; click the MFB to answer a call, and hold it for three seconds to end a call. Reject an incoming call by holding the MFB for three seconds when your phone is ringing, and redial your last number by holding the volume up button for three seconds.
Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone, muting the microphone, activating call waiting and holding a conference call. The Z9i also assigns different ring-tones for known and unknown contacts.
The BlueAnt Z9i boasts 5.5 hours talk-time and 200 hours of standby time. BlueAnt includes an AC charger in the sales package, along with a flexible USB charger.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
- Tech21 Announces New Phone Protection For Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- TPCyber Security EngineerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- TPProject Manager/Business Analyst - HPWQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTField EngineerOther
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCBI AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PaymentsOther
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - SAED/TelcoNSW
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW