BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset
The follow up to the original Z9, BlueAnt's Z9 offers the ability to pair with multiple devices simultaneously via multipoint Bluetooth
- Excellent voice quality, noise isolation, design, shirt-clip, different sized ear buds
- Volume buttons require a firm press, voice isolation notifications mute incoming audio
The BlueAnt Z9i slightly improves on its predecessor thanks to multipoint Bluetooth, making it one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
BlueAnt's Z9 is one of the best Bluetooth headsets we have ever reviewed. The BlueAnt Z9i is the follow up model and provides the same great call quality, as well as a few new features.
The BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset looks almost identical to its predecessor, with a gloss black finish on the front and matte black casing on the sides and rear. The etched BlueAnt logo and flashing LED surrounding the multifunction button (MFB) are nice touches, as is the built-in shirt clip.
Soft rubber casing around the ear bud means the Z9i is comfortable to wear for extended periods, and both small and large ear buds are included. We found the small one perfect; we were able to wear the Z9i without an ear hook when using it.
The original Z9 Bluetooth headset included only the translucent ear hook in the sales package, but BlueAnt offers an additional rubberised hook with the Z9i. Both detachable ear hooks can be worn on either ear.
The key feature of the BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth headset is once again the patented Voice Isolation Technology, which allows users to choose between two modes of voice isolation: standard and max. The former is for normal environments, while the latter should be used if there is significant background noise. These modes can be switched during a conversation by pressing the MFB; a voice lets you know what mode you are in, either "voice isolation max", or "voice isolation standard".
We were impressed with this technology and managed to achieve crisp and clear incoming and outgoing audio when using both modes. Slight background noise is still evident, especially in particularly noisy environments, but for most part, the audio was crisp and clear in both modes. Our only complaint is the voice that informs you each time you change the isolation mode; when it plays, you can't hear incoming audio for two or three seconds.
A new addition is multipoint Bluetooth: the BlueAnt Z9i can pair up to five devices, and it can also connect to two of these devices simultaneously. If connected to two phones you can be on one call, place that call on hold and answer an incoming call on the second phone. This is done simply by holding the volume up button for three seconds. A minor complaint is that the volume buttons are firm and require a forceful press to activate.
Pairing is effortless: hold down the MFB down for six seconds, until the blue light flashes, then pair with your mobile phone. Once paired, accessing different functions is easy; click the MFB to answer a call, and hold it for three seconds to end a call. Reject an incoming call by holding the MFB for three seconds when your phone is ringing, and redial your last number by holding the volume up button for three seconds.
Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone, muting the microphone, activating call waiting and holding a conference call. The Z9i also assigns different ring-tones for known and unknown contacts.
The BlueAnt Z9i boasts 5.5 hours talk-time and 200 hours of standby time. BlueAnt includes an AC charger in the sales package, along with a flexible USB charger.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCEnterprise Content Management (ECM) LeadWA
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTImplementation Project ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTSAP FICO Lead- government backgroundOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPData Migration Specialist - Collections 360QLD
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTTest Manager - "ieMR"/ "Cerner Millennium Product Suite"Other
- TPICT Portfolio AnalystNSW
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Accountant / Production SupportOther
- CCPortfolio / Project CoordinatorQLD