Boris FX Continuum Complete 5
More than 180 filters
- Huge range of flexible tools, all work as FxPlug, Pixel Chooser and Motion Tracker
- Many filters replicate AE’s own
Overall, the quality of BCC’s filters is high and there is a range of parameters for each effect, but it lacks the on-screen controls of many of Sapphire’s filters, and its lighting tools aren’t as extensive. Editors, especially, will find much here to like.
Price$ 1,133.00 (AUD)
Boasting over 180 filters, Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) covers many bases, including traditional image processors, texture and animation generators, and compositional tools covering areas like keying and motion tracking.
Many of these filters replicate functions found in After Effects CS3, but for users of less filter-heavy editing and compositing tools, BCC 5 is definitely worth exploring. It’s available in AE, FxPlug and AVX versions (though these have to be purchased separately) and supports a wide range of hosts. Unlike some collections, all of BCC 5’s filters have been ported to Apple’s FxPlug, so can take advantage of Final Cut and Motion’s real-time engines.
The filters within BCC are split into seven groups: Colour & Blurs, Distortion & Perspective, Generators, Keys & Matte, Lights, Time, and Wipes. There’s also a separate group for the ten OpenGL-accelerated plug-ins, which use your computer’s graphics card to boost preview rendering performance.
Two useful tools built into all of the filters are the Pixel Chooser and Motion Tracker. The former enables you limit filters to areas of your composition using AE’s own masking tools — you can use its own cropping tool, but this doesn’t allow feathering.
The Motion Tracker is based on the high-grade tracker from the Boris Blue and Red compositing tools — though it can only track one point at a time, and in 2D only. The Match Mover filter uses the tracker, and can quickly replace areas such as signs in moving footage.
Supported hosts: After Effects 7/CS3, Combustion 3/4/2008, Final Cut Pro 6, Media Composer 2.6/3, Motion 3, Premiere Pro 1.5/2/CS3
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject DirectorQLD
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistOther
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTRPA Tech LeadVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- FTPermanent Project SchedulerACT
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTAssociate Consultant - Help DeskNSW
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC