New line-up targeted at designers, creators, and professionals
Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset
Bose's Mobile In-Ear Headset, provides quality sound at a premium price.
- Looks good, comfortable, excellent sound quality, outstanding bass, in-line answer key and microphone
- Not a strong seal, no noise cancelling, call audio could be improved
If you're after a replacement for your mediocre mobile phone headphones, then you could do worse than the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset. Although predictably pricey, it offers outstanding bass, excellent sound quality and good looks.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Bose has a reputation for producing high quality headphones and it has now branched into the mobile space. The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is suitable for a range of mobile phones including the Apple iPhone. It produces outstanding bass and excellent sound quality, but doesn't have a strong seal and lets in more external noise than we liked.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset has one of the strangest headphone designs we've seen. In addition to a twisted black and white cord, the earbuds look like a cross between a UFO and a pancake. We think the design is attractive though, and it isn't all about looks — the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is very comfortable to wear, even for long listening periods.
Though described as in-ear headphones by Bose, the headset doesn’t sit as deep in the ear canal as in-ear monitors (IEMs). While this makes the earbuds more comfortable, it means the seal with your eardrum isn't as significant as with most IEMs — so more external noise is let in. For example, we could hear our keystrokes while typing this review and using the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset at the same time (whoever said men can't multitask has clearly not taken a trip to the GoodGearGuide office!) Bose includes small, medium and large silicon tips in the sales package and they are easy to replace.
Overall sound quality is impressive, but it's bass that's the real star of the show. It is the most powerful of any portable headphones we've reviewed, without massively overpowering other elements of the music. The bass-heavy nature won't suit all listeners and will probably turn off most audiophiles — it's more suited to electronic and dance genres. The powerful bass slightly overshadows the treble, which isn’t as prominent or punchy as expected, but mid-range is detailed.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset also includes an inline microphone and answer button. Using an iPhone, you can press the button once to pause, twice to skip tracks forward and three times to reverse skip tracks. Unfortunately, the controls don't include volume buttons, so you'll still need to adjust this using the iPhone itself. Audio quality for phone calls isn't as impressive as music. Our callers didn't complain, but incoming audio isn’t completely clear and our callers often sounded distant.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Apple takes on AirPods Pro with $150 Beats Studio Buds noise-canceling earbuds
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless headphones
- Huawei releases the FreeBuds 4i earphones
- Deal: Save up to 40% on Jabra earbuds
- Deal: Sony's AirPod-killers are $199
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- The best Amazon Prime Day laptop deals for Australia
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?