Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset
Bose's Mobile In-Ear Headset, provides quality sound at a premium price.
- Looks good, comfortable, excellent sound quality, outstanding bass, in-line answer key and microphone
- Not a strong seal, no noise cancelling, call audio could be improved
If you're after a replacement for your mediocre mobile phone headphones, then you could do worse than the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset. Although predictably pricey, it offers outstanding bass, excellent sound quality and good looks.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Bose has a reputation for producing high quality headphones and it has now branched into the mobile space. The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is suitable for a range of mobile phones including the Apple iPhone. It produces outstanding bass and excellent sound quality, but doesn't have a strong seal and lets in more external noise than we liked.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset has one of the strangest headphone designs we've seen. In addition to a twisted black and white cord, the earbuds look like a cross between a UFO and a pancake. We think the design is attractive though, and it isn't all about looks — the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset is very comfortable to wear, even for long listening periods.
Though described as in-ear headphones by Bose, the headset doesn’t sit as deep in the ear canal as in-ear monitors (IEMs). While this makes the earbuds more comfortable, it means the seal with your eardrum isn't as significant as with most IEMs — so more external noise is let in. For example, we could hear our keystrokes while typing this review and using the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset at the same time (whoever said men can't multitask has clearly not taken a trip to the GoodGearGuide office!) Bose includes small, medium and large silicon tips in the sales package and they are easy to replace.
Overall sound quality is impressive, but it's bass that's the real star of the show. It is the most powerful of any portable headphones we've reviewed, without massively overpowering other elements of the music. The bass-heavy nature won't suit all listeners and will probably turn off most audiophiles — it's more suited to electronic and dance genres. The powerful bass slightly overshadows the treble, which isn’t as prominent or punchy as expected, but mid-range is detailed.
The Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset also includes an inline microphone and answer button. Using an iPhone, you can press the button once to pause, twice to skip tracks forward and three times to reverse skip tracks. Unfortunately, the controls don't include volume buttons, so you'll still need to adjust this using the iPhone itself. Audio quality for phone calls isn't as impressive as music. Our callers didn't complain, but incoming audio isn’t completely clear and our callers often sounded distant.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)NSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTMainframe DevelopersOther
- FTOracle DBAOther
- CCProject Administrator OR project coordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTTest Manager - InfrastructureOther
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTLead Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTTest Analyst - SAP ERPOther
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- TPJunior Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Data & Information ModellingQLD
- CCJunior Cyber Security AnalystACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC