Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus
- User interface, Ease of setup, Features list
- Not compatible with Mac OSX
At this price, Mediashop TunePlus is a bargain. It offers plenty of features that are normally only possible by using multiple third party programs and comes highly recommended.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Have you ever wanted to copy your music directly from your iPod to your PC, but have been hindered by the lack of this functionality in iTunes? If you answered yes, then you should definately check out Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus. iTunes may be intuitive and user friendly but it lacks most of the features this program provides.
Mediashop TunePlus is a software package for your iPod which allows you to copy tracks directly from your iPod, syncronise Microsoft Outlook contacts, back up valuable files and download podcasts from any website you wish; all tasks that have previously been difficult to do without multiple third party applications.
Mediashop TunePlus is compatible with all iPod's, including the iPod shuffle (1st Generation). Set up is relatively easy; install the software and then connect your iPod to your PC. Mediashop TunePlus then takes you through a step-by-step guide to set-up your iPod for use with the software. The program is simple to use thanks to a well laid out design and uncluttered interface.
The main functions of the software are provided in a horizontal bar beneath the toolbar at the top of the interface. There are menus for Info, Songs, Backup, Notepad, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Tasks, News, Movies, Podcasts, Horoscopes and Weather. These are all easily accessible, with convenient icons ensuring usability remains a key factor throughout.
Undoubtedly the best of TunePlus' features is the ability to copy music straight from your player onto your computer. To select songs, all you do is mark the tracks you need to transfer and then click Actions from the song browser window, then select Copy Music. It really is a remarkably simple process and we can't give the program enough credit in this regard.
TunePlus is built using a plug-in framework. Each TunePlus plug-in provides a specific piece of functionality. Using the plug-ins framework, you can customise TunePlus so it only loads the plug-ins you want to use. These can be changed at any time using the Plug-In Selection menu and if you only use a handful of functions that TunePlus provides, this will speed up your experience with the software.
Other notable functions that TunePlus provides include automatically organising your files for burning to CDs and DVDs, synchronising Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, emails, tasks, and notes and backing up your files. The biggest disappointment is the lack of support for Mac OS X which we found very frustrating.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCUI5 DeveloperQLD
- FTICT Service Centre Team LeaderVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AML -Other
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Security OfficerACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistNSW
- FTInformation Architect - Digital Transformation Business ChangeOther
- CCTririga DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- TPRemote Sensing OfficerACT
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager - NSW Health exp essentialOther
- FTBusiness Analysts - apps developmentACT
- TPProgram Delivery Manager - Health LISQLD
- FTVarious DevelopersACT
- FTLinux System AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Java Developer - BankingNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCCRM Business AnalystQLD