Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus
- User interface, Ease of setup, Features list
- Not compatible with Mac OSX
At this price, Mediashop TunePlus is a bargain. It offers plenty of features that are normally only possible by using multiple third party programs and comes highly recommended.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Have you ever wanted to copy your music directly from your iPod to your PC, but have been hindered by the lack of this functionality in iTunes? If you answered yes, then you should definately check out Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus. iTunes may be intuitive and user friendly but it lacks most of the features this program provides.
Mediashop TunePlus is a software package for your iPod which allows you to copy tracks directly from your iPod, syncronise Microsoft Outlook contacts, back up valuable files and download podcasts from any website you wish; all tasks that have previously been difficult to do without multiple third party applications.
Mediashop TunePlus is compatible with all iPod's, including the iPod shuffle (1st Generation). Set up is relatively easy; install the software and then connect your iPod to your PC. Mediashop TunePlus then takes you through a step-by-step guide to set-up your iPod for use with the software. The program is simple to use thanks to a well laid out design and uncluttered interface.
The main functions of the software are provided in a horizontal bar beneath the toolbar at the top of the interface. There are menus for Info, Songs, Backup, Notepad, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Tasks, News, Movies, Podcasts, Horoscopes and Weather. These are all easily accessible, with convenient icons ensuring usability remains a key factor throughout.
Undoubtedly the best of TunePlus' features is the ability to copy music straight from your player onto your computer. To select songs, all you do is mark the tracks you need to transfer and then click Actions from the song browser window, then select Copy Music. It really is a remarkably simple process and we can't give the program enough credit in this regard.
TunePlus is built using a plug-in framework. Each TunePlus plug-in provides a specific piece of functionality. Using the plug-ins framework, you can customise TunePlus so it only loads the plug-ins you want to use. These can be changed at any time using the Plug-In Selection menu and if you only use a handful of functions that TunePlus provides, this will speed up your experience with the software.
Other notable functions that TunePlus provides include automatically organising your files for burning to CDs and DVDs, synchronising Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, emails, tasks, and notes and backing up your files. The biggest disappointment is the lack of support for Mac OS X which we found very frustrating.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTPageUp BAOther
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Finance/Grants)QLD
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FTSolution Consultant - Digital TransformationVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW