June is the month to get your business organised. Enter today.
Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus
- User interface, Ease of setup, Features list
- Not compatible with Mac OSX
At this price, Mediashop TunePlus is a bargain. It offers plenty of features that are normally only possible by using multiple third party programs and comes highly recommended.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Have you ever wanted to copy your music directly from your iPod to your PC, but have been hindered by the lack of this functionality in iTunes? If you answered yes, then you should definately check out Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus. iTunes may be intuitive and user friendly but it lacks most of the features this program provides.
Mediashop TunePlus is a software package for your iPod which allows you to copy tracks directly from your iPod, syncronise Microsoft Outlook contacts, back up valuable files and download podcasts from any website you wish; all tasks that have previously been difficult to do without multiple third party applications.
Mediashop TunePlus is compatible with all iPod's, including the iPod shuffle (1st Generation). Set up is relatively easy; install the software and then connect your iPod to your PC. Mediashop TunePlus then takes you through a step-by-step guide to set-up your iPod for use with the software. The program is simple to use thanks to a well laid out design and uncluttered interface.
The main functions of the software are provided in a horizontal bar beneath the toolbar at the top of the interface. There are menus for Info, Songs, Backup, Notepad, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Tasks, News, Movies, Podcasts, Horoscopes and Weather. These are all easily accessible, with convenient icons ensuring usability remains a key factor throughout.
Undoubtedly the best of TunePlus' features is the ability to copy music straight from your player onto your computer. To select songs, all you do is mark the tracks you need to transfer and then click Actions from the song browser window, then select Copy Music. It really is a remarkably simple process and we can't give the program enough credit in this regard.
TunePlus is built using a plug-in framework. Each TunePlus plug-in provides a specific piece of functionality. Using the plug-ins framework, you can customise TunePlus so it only loads the plug-ins you want to use. These can be changed at any time using the Plug-In Selection menu and if you only use a handful of functions that TunePlus provides, this will speed up your experience with the software.
Other notable functions that TunePlus provides include automatically organising your files for burning to CDs and DVDs, synchronising Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, emails, tasks, and notes and backing up your files. The biggest disappointment is the lack of support for Mac OS X which we found very frustrating.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 5 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- Dropbox Rolls Out New AdminX Tools for Data Management
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?