Buffalo Technology AirStation MIMO WZR-G108
- MIMO support
- Nothing of note
This router is recommended if you want a stable and far-reaching wireless network.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
If you want to implement a far-reaching and speedy Wi-Fi network, a MIMO-capable (multiple-in, multiple-out antenna technology) router is currently your best option, and Buffalo's AirStation MIMO WZR-G108 is worth considering.
It's a 4-port router that can be used to distribute an ADSL or a cable Internet connection and it can provide a theoretical throughput of up to 108Mbps (13.5MBps) for wireless transmissions by using two radio channels.
The router's wireless speed was tested over short and medium distances by transferring a 717MB video file from a file server to a wireless notebook using a Buffalo AirStation MIMO WLI-CB G108 PC Card adapter. At a distance of 1.5m without any walls or other obstacles, an average throughput of 3.79MBps was achieved. At a distance of 10m through a double-brick wall, the same file averaged a throughput of 3.61MBps. Multiple transfers recorded similar times in our tests. In fact the router streamed video comfortably at up to 30m away and you can still browse the Internet at up to 50m.
The router supports the latest encryption algorithms, and we used WPA (Wi-Fi protected access) and AES (advanced encryption system) in our tests. Additionally, the router supports AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System), which is a Buffalo-specific feature that can automatically, at the touch of one button, enable the highest available security for your wireless network. The router has all the networking features expected in this price range, including an easy to access event log. It was very stable during continuous tests while distributing an ADSL connection across three computers.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Netgear
- CES 2018: D-Link Demonstrates New Connected Innovations
- Razer Partners With Ignition Design Labs on Gaming-Grade Wi-Fi
- Netgear target small businesses with Orbi Pro
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerWA
- FTLead Project Manager, Transformation, Refurbishment & UpgradesOther
- CCSenior System Engineer l Office 365,Windows 10, VMWare WorkspaceNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Developer - AndroidNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCUser Experience DesignerSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- TPSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager | 12mth ContractOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPJunior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTTest Analyst - AGILE- CMS/Digital/Web projectsOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCData ArchitectWA