Buffalo Technology AirStation MIMO WZR-G108
- MIMO support
- Nothing of note
This router is recommended if you want a stable and far-reaching wireless network.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
If you want to implement a far-reaching and speedy Wi-Fi network, a MIMO-capable (multiple-in, multiple-out antenna technology) router is currently your best option, and Buffalo's AirStation MIMO WZR-G108 is worth considering.
It's a 4-port router that can be used to distribute an ADSL or a cable Internet connection and it can provide a theoretical throughput of up to 108Mbps (13.5MBps) for wireless transmissions by using two radio channels.
The router's wireless speed was tested over short and medium distances by transferring a 717MB video file from a file server to a wireless notebook using a Buffalo AirStation MIMO WLI-CB G108 PC Card adapter. At a distance of 1.5m without any walls or other obstacles, an average throughput of 3.79MBps was achieved. At a distance of 10m through a double-brick wall, the same file averaged a throughput of 3.61MBps. Multiple transfers recorded similar times in our tests. In fact the router streamed video comfortably at up to 30m away and you can still browse the Internet at up to 50m.
The router supports the latest encryption algorithms, and we used WPA (Wi-Fi protected access) and AES (advanced encryption system) in our tests. Additionally, the router supports AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System), which is a Buffalo-specific feature that can automatically, at the touch of one button, enable the highest available security for your wireless network. The router has all the networking features expected in this price range, including an easy to access event log. It was very stable during continuous tests while distributing an ADSL connection across three computers.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- TPAudio Visual Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Services EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTETL AnalystOther
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- FTMS SQL AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCReporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA