We have a Printer, Scanner and Label Maker to get your business organised. Enter today.
BullGuard Australia Backup 8.0
- Great value, easy to use, 10GB of storage
- No detailed configuration options (but this isn't much of a problem for most users)
We had reservations about the first release of BullGuard Backup, not so much because of the software which was a delight to use, but the rather stingy storage provision. Now that Bullguard has addressed this issue, BullGuard Backup 8.0 comes highly recommended.
Price$ 60.00 (AUD)
BullGuard Backup 8.0 is the second generation of Bullguard's off-site storage app. And with 10GB of online storage included, it's excellent value.
Off-site storage used to be an esoteric (and expensive) task restricted to corporate users with an extensive network. The rapid growth of broadband now helps to make this a market open to all computer users.
Despite its name, BullGuard Backup 8.0 is actually the second release of this utility as standalone software (originating in Bullguard Internet Security).
Much in BullGuard Backup 8.0 is similar to the first release, but there is one extremely important improvement: whereas previously users had to pay extra to obtain storage larger than a gigabyte, now a 10GB drive is included in the price. This means that although the price has risen slightly, it's actually much better value.
BullGuard Backup 8.0 now also allows you to perform scheduled backups to removable devices such as USB sticks or external hard drives. The interface has not changed much, but this is no bad thing. For the vast majority of people, the ability to identify the part of your hard drive you want to duplicate and then run scheduled backups with a couple of clicks is ideal for ensuring the task is completed. There are a few options to tinker with, but this is very much an install and forget procedure.
Files are compressed before being transferred to the online drive, thus reducing upload speed for certain files, and BullGuard Backup 8.0 works when the PC is idle to try and minimise the performance hit. If you require it, you can purchase a 15GB online drive for storing videos and other media, but the standard BullGuard Backup 8.0 package will be sufficient for most people. The fact that the licence can also be run on three home computers makes it even more appealing.
There is not much you can do with BullGuard Backup 8.0 in terms of configuring backups beyond selecting directories and schedules, but again this is a bonus rather than a hassle, and means you are much more likely to protect your files online.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 4 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 5 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?