NEO Find 1.0
NEO Find will likely help you dig up e-mail more quickly, but you have to use a separate program window for its searches
- Faster searches, e-mail organised by correspondent
- Have to use a separate program window, uses almost as much memory as Outlook
If you don't mind the program switching and you tend to run e-mail searches frequently, the inexpensive NEO Find could help you manage your inbox. But it's too bad that its creators didn't roll everything into the existing Outlook window.
Price$ 15.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Though NEO Find brings faster searches and additional organization to Outlook e-mail, you must switch back and forth between Outlook and a separate program window to get its benefits.
The program, available as a $US15 download, creates a separate index of all your messages, which can take a while--the program says this step can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. On my PC, it took 55 minutes to sift through about 5000 messages. Completing the indexing step, though, allows for searches that are much faster than what the regular Outlook search function offers. It also permits you to view all messages to and from a particular correspondent easily, or to gather related messages (a "conversation") together in a list with the click of a button.
Those are all useful features, but you can't reach them within Outlook. NEO Find runs as a separate program that, by default, launches automatically when you start Outlook. (You'll have to shut it down manually, though.) You access NEO Find by clicking its icon in the Outlook toolbar or in your system tray. Its tabbed interface includes two options: an Outlook-like view and another mode that swaps in a list of all your correspondents for the mail-folder view.
In the Outlook-like view, your e-mail folders appear on the left, while the familiar message list and preview pane sit on the right side. A search bar sits at the lower left of the interface. You can type in search terms, and choose whether you want to look in the subject, body, and/or names and addresses. Once your results display, you can further filter them by status (such as read/unread or flagged), by containing folder, or by date. The second, correspondent-centric view lets you click a contact's name to see all e-mail messages sent to and from that person. You can apply the same filters (status, date, and so on) to the listed messages.
You can read, reply to, or forward your e-mail within NEO Find, but you can't compose a new message; for that, or to access your calendar, contacts, or other features, you'll need to switch back to Outlook.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCAutomation Anywhere developerQLD
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTSolution DesignerOther