NEO Pro 4.0
NEO Pro 4.0 is a tool that organises your Outlook email in useful, intuitive ways and provides lightning-fast searches
- Handles attachments well, bulk mail folder, fast searches
The biggest downside to NEO Pro 4.0 is its cost: US$50 seems a bit hefty to us. But you do get a 90-day free trial, after which you just may find that you can't go back to life before NEO Pro.
A lot of add-ons promise to help you restore order to your mess of an Outlook inbox, but most of the apps we've tried just resulted in more work for me. Not NEO Pro, though: this handy Outlook add-on is the first we've used that we actually plan to keep using.
NEO Pro 4.0 is a US$50 tool that organises your Outlook email in useful, intuitive ways and provides lightning-fast searches. Once installed, NEO (which stands for Nelson Email Organizer) Pro launches whenever you open Outlook. But getting NEO Pro installed wasn't exactly seamless for me: the first time we installed it on my Vista machine, it wouldn't run.
We got an error message that appeared repeatedly until the company pointed us to a fix on their support site. It involved making slight changes to a few registry values. Another installation of NEO Pro on a second Vista computer worked fine from the start, with no errors.
After making the fix, we were in business: NEO Pro creates a catalogue of all your messages, which are then sorted into various folders. NEO Pro runs alongside Outlook, so you can manage all of your email from within its own Outlook-like interface.
If you don't like this idea, you can still use Outlook for managing your email, and use NEO Pro only when you want to find a certain message. Messages are sorted by correspondent, date (and within the date folder, they're broken out by recent days, weeks, and months), category, status (whether you've assigned a follow-up action, for example), and attachments.
NEO Pro's handling of attachments is particularly helpful, as it defaults to sorting them by the name of the attachment, not the sender. We often find myself looking for a specific file, while having no idea who sent it, so we liked this feature. You can even sort by type of file, including whether it's a .docx file or .doc.
NEO Pro has a bulk mail folder that is not just for spam. By default, NEO Pro collects "indirect" messages and places them there. We get plenty of indirect messages in the form of press releases, and we liked having a place to collect them. if you'd rather not use it, though, new in version 4.0 is the ability to disable this automatic bulk mail management. Another new feature is the ability to assign rules to designate email as bulk mail based on all or part of a subject line.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCTechnical Support OfficerNSW
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Designer/ Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Audit & BCM AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTData SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- FTSecurity AnalystOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- CCCRM Solutions/ Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTransition ManagerOther
- CCData ArchitectACT