New line-up targeted at designers, creators, and professionals
NEO Pro 4.0
NEO Pro 4.0 is a tool that organises your Outlook email in useful, intuitive ways and provides lightning-fast searches
- Handles attachments well, bulk mail folder, fast searches
The biggest downside to NEO Pro 4.0 is its cost: US$50 seems a bit hefty to us. But you do get a 90-day free trial, after which you just may find that you can't go back to life before NEO Pro.
A lot of add-ons promise to help you restore order to your mess of an Outlook inbox, but most of the apps we've tried just resulted in more work for me. Not NEO Pro, though: this handy Outlook add-on is the first we've used that we actually plan to keep using.
NEO Pro 4.0 is a US$50 tool that organises your Outlook email in useful, intuitive ways and provides lightning-fast searches. Once installed, NEO (which stands for Nelson Email Organizer) Pro launches whenever you open Outlook. But getting NEO Pro installed wasn't exactly seamless for me: the first time we installed it on my Vista machine, it wouldn't run.
We got an error message that appeared repeatedly until the company pointed us to a fix on their support site. It involved making slight changes to a few registry values. Another installation of NEO Pro on a second Vista computer worked fine from the start, with no errors.
After making the fix, we were in business: NEO Pro creates a catalogue of all your messages, which are then sorted into various folders. NEO Pro runs alongside Outlook, so you can manage all of your email from within its own Outlook-like interface.
If you don't like this idea, you can still use Outlook for managing your email, and use NEO Pro only when you want to find a certain message. Messages are sorted by correspondent, date (and within the date folder, they're broken out by recent days, weeks, and months), category, status (whether you've assigned a follow-up action, for example), and attachments.
NEO Pro's handling of attachments is particularly helpful, as it defaults to sorting them by the name of the attachment, not the sender. We often find myself looking for a specific file, while having no idea who sent it, so we liked this feature. You can even sort by type of file, including whether it's a .docx file or .doc.
NEO Pro has a bulk mail folder that is not just for spam. By default, NEO Pro collects "indirect" messages and places them there. We get plenty of indirect messages in the form of press releases, and we liked having a place to collect them. if you'd rather not use it, though, new in version 4.0 is the ability to disable this automatic bulk mail management. Another new feature is the ability to assign rules to designate email as bulk mail based on all or part of a subject line.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- How your iPhone uses private tracking to enhance Maps, Photos, and more
- How Apple collects data about you and protects your privacy
- Cybersecurity Aid Centre will help businesses keep your data safe
- How to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and iCloud account
- Avast researchers reveal the OnionCrypter
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?