Canon EOS-1D Mark II
- 8.2 megapixel sensor, excellent image processing
A great camera, offering more than just cosmetic improvements over its predecessor.
Price$ 7,999.00 (AUD)
Sporting an 8.2 megapixel CMOS sensor (twice the resolution of the original EOS-1D), the Canon EOS-1D Mark II is capable of capturing 8 megapixel JPEG images at 8.5 frames per second in continuous bursts of 40 frames, or RAW images in continuous bursts of up to 20 frames. With its DiG!C II image processor, the Canon can process large files quickly, with improved colour rendering and detail.
The EOS-1D Mark II sports a redesigned flash metering system that retains compatibility with Canon's EX-series Speedlites. The EOS-1D Mark II captures images well in low-light conditions with less noise; it has good auto white balance control, user-set white balance compensation and many other features. The camera tags images with EXIF 2.21-compatible metadata, including Adobe Systems 1998 RGB colour space profiles, so users don't have to tweak colour space manually in Photoshop.
The EOS-1D Mark II's has a shutter that's been durability-tested to 200,000 exposures. The shutter operates at speeds from 30 seconds to 1/8000 of a second, and has a lag time of just 55ms (adjustable to 40ms). The lens mount is stainless steel and is compatible with all Canon EF, TS-E and MP-E lenses.
The camera accepts CompactFlash Type I and Type II cards as well as Microdrives; it also sports a second card slot that's compatible with SD cards. Settings can even be customised on the camera, saved onto a card and then loaded onto another camera intact.
Digital photographers frustrated by slow interfaces on their existing cameras will be happy to know that the EOS-1D Mark II includes both USB 2.0 and FireWire interfaces, to help images download that much faster. The EOS-1D Mark II supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), so additional drivers aren't required to enable it to talk with a Windows XP or Mac OS X system.
The camera uses the same NP-E3 NiMH power pack seen on the EOS-1D and 1Ds models. According to Canon, the NP-E3 is good for about 1200 shots per charge at normal operating temperatures.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- CCWeb Designer - UX/CXVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness and Test Analyst | Student Management SystemQLD
- FTChange Analyst -Contract - $650 per dayOther
- FTSystem TesterOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTCyber Security- ManagerSA
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- TPSecurity AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther