Canon imageCLASS MF5750
- Great copy quality, nice button layout
- No additional paper trays
This well-appointed MFP should be up to handling the workload in most small offices.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Canon imageCLASS MF5750 looms 17.4" high and 19.1" wide. I liked the layout of the front panel, which includes three large buttons for copy, fax, and scan, flanked by fax settings and copy settings and a good-size LCD menu in the middle.
The MF5750 was reasonably quick, too, matching or exceeding the average speed of most other monochrome laser MFPs we have looked at on all three functions--printing, scanning and copying. During testing, it printed both text and graphics documents quickly, at 14.9 pages per minute and 7.9ppm, respectively. This unit also scanned a colour image in 27.2 seconds, and it copied a page of text in 4.1 seconds.
The MF5750's print quality, though not stellar, was reasonably good. It produced sharp, dark text that was legible even at 2-point type size. A series of narrow parallel lines looked straight and even, with virtually no banding. A greyscale photo printed at default settings appeared too light and a bit washed out, though it was smooth and clean. Photos printed in the Best mode yielded graphics with much better contrast.
The MF5750 delivered top-class copy quality, with straight black letters in a copied page of text. Colour scans from the Canon had a smooth texture and reproduced colour accurately.
Canon's MF Toolbox scan software allows scanning via the PC and saving the image to an email message or graphics file. The user can configure two custom buttons to choose the scanner and to designate where to put the scan; thereafter, clicking a button will save the scan to the preconfigured place. Other than a fairly extensive driver, MF Toolbox is the only software Canon bundles with the MF5750.
The main paper tray holds 250 sheets, but Canon doesn't offer any additional paper trays as options. Ethernet is an optional extra, however.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTService desk supportACT
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC