Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch digital camera
An excellent Canon digital camera with a touch screen
- Amazing image quality, lots of features and scene modes
- Fish eye mode is horrible
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is one of the best point and shoot compact cameras currently on the market, and it's cheap too!
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is one of the best and most intuitive to use compact digital cameras on the market at the moment. It's for those who want a light digital camera with a little bit of flair that's very solidly built and can take great pictures.
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is incredibly lightweight and has a frosted metal finish (black, silver and pink models are available). The entire back of the camera is a 3.5in capacitive touch screen. Its predecessor, the Canon IXUS 200, used standard physical buttons.
It takes some time to adjust to a button-less interface, but Canon has made things so straightforward that within minutes we were utilising its features with ease. The interface is also amazingly user friendly; you can even adjust it so that icons on the screen appear where you want them. It gets even better: each setting has on-screen information that describes what it does and what different adjustments will do.
The feature-rich Canon IXUS 210 IS has 18 different shooting modes (customisable settings, too) so you certainly wont get bored mucking around with it any time soon. Notable scene modes include an intelligent auto scene selector, which takes the hassle out of trying to figure out which setting to use depending on your lighting conditions. There is also a setting that only takes a photo when the subject smiles or winks — it's great for taking self-portraits without a timer. The Colour Swap mode is a bundle of fun, too: point the lens at a colour, then choose a colour to replace the one you just selected. Sounds complicated, but it's incredibly simple.
Using the Colour Swap mode to create an apocalyptic-looking sky!
A tilt-shift mode (a.k.a Miniature Effect mode), which is becoming increasingly popular in newer camera models, is among the plethora of features in the IXUS 210 IS Touch. There is also a fish-eye mode, but unfortunately it looks terrible.
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch takes excellent photographs. Colours are accurate (you can adjust their saturation, too) and there was little to no chromatic aberration present in photos taken in a range of different light conditions. Digital noise is also hardly noticeable in low light conditions, which just makes us want to make out with this camera on the back seat of a Toyota Corolla at the drive-in cinema. Well maybe not, but it’s a metaphor for how awesome this baby is!
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch sports video recording with a resolution of 1280x720pixels, which allows movies to be captured in high resolution with surprisingly good detail. Shooting at 30 frames per second results in smooth recording and the quality is great.
If you’re in the market for a feature-rich camera that takes great video, then check out the Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch. You can pick up the IXUS 210 IS Touch digital camera for under $500 at a number of shops, which we think is a bargain.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst with BPM (Business Process Modelling)Other
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCRegional Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther