Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch digital camera
An excellent Canon digital camera with a touch screen
- Amazing image quality, lots of features and scene modes
- Fish eye mode is horrible
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is one of the best point and shoot compact cameras currently on the market, and it's cheap too!
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is one of the best and most intuitive to use compact digital cameras on the market at the moment. It's for those who want a light digital camera with a little bit of flair that's very solidly built and can take great pictures.
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch is incredibly lightweight and has a frosted metal finish (black, silver and pink models are available). The entire back of the camera is a 3.5in capacitive touch screen. Its predecessor, the Canon IXUS 200, used standard physical buttons.
It takes some time to adjust to a button-less interface, but Canon has made things so straightforward that within minutes we were utilising its features with ease. The interface is also amazingly user friendly; you can even adjust it so that icons on the screen appear where you want them. It gets even better: each setting has on-screen information that describes what it does and what different adjustments will do.
The feature-rich Canon IXUS 210 IS has 18 different shooting modes (customisable settings, too) so you certainly wont get bored mucking around with it any time soon. Notable scene modes include an intelligent auto scene selector, which takes the hassle out of trying to figure out which setting to use depending on your lighting conditions. There is also a setting that only takes a photo when the subject smiles or winks — it's great for taking self-portraits without a timer. The Colour Swap mode is a bundle of fun, too: point the lens at a colour, then choose a colour to replace the one you just selected. Sounds complicated, but it's incredibly simple.
Using the Colour Swap mode to create an apocalyptic-looking sky!
A tilt-shift mode (a.k.a Miniature Effect mode), which is becoming increasingly popular in newer camera models, is among the plethora of features in the IXUS 210 IS Touch. There is also a fish-eye mode, but unfortunately it looks terrible.
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch takes excellent photographs. Colours are accurate (you can adjust their saturation, too) and there was little to no chromatic aberration present in photos taken in a range of different light conditions. Digital noise is also hardly noticeable in low light conditions, which just makes us want to make out with this camera on the back seat of a Toyota Corolla at the drive-in cinema. Well maybe not, but it’s a metaphor for how awesome this baby is!
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch sports video recording with a resolution of 1280x720pixels, which allows movies to be captured in high resolution with surprisingly good detail. Shooting at 30 frames per second results in smooth recording and the quality is great.
If you’re in the market for a feature-rich camera that takes great video, then check out the Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch. You can pick up the IXUS 210 IS Touch digital camera for under $500 at a number of shops, which we think is a bargain.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Capture Events on the Road with the new Uniden 4K Dash Cam
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Panasonic introduces new ultra telephoto zoom lens
- Sony Introduces Dual Camera Shooting Solution for RX0
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPractice Manager (Quality & Testing)SA
- CCSenior Node.js DeveloperQLD
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management Technical DesignerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTField Services EngineerOther
- TPSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager | PCIQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Coach/LeadNSW
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Project MangerOther