- Performance for the price, DiG!C II colour quality
- 1.23 megapixel resolution on the low side for stills
The Canon MVX 330i gives the serious video enthusiasts all the features required for taking great video, with a simple point and shoot operation. The photo features are well thought out, with simple sharing options for printing, with or without a PC.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
The Canon MVX330i is ideal for both inexperienced videomakers and for video enthusiasts purchasing their second or third camcorder. An Easy mode takes care of all the exposure settings for you--or you can take creative control by choosing the appropriate exposure, picture effect or white balance setting yourself.
A print/share button, now standard on most Canon still and video cameras, makes it easy to print photos. Stills are captured at around 1.2 megapixel quality and sent to either a printer connected to PC, or to a standalone printer that supports CP Photo, PictBridge or Bubble Jet Direct print.
Although the resolution is lower than some of its competitors, photo-taking tools such as onboard flash and an accessory shoe make it easy to create good quality postcard-size photos. Stitch assist, auto exposure bracketing and a My Camera function provide more than enough tools to get the perfect happy snap.
Driving the MVX330i is a breeze. It sits comfortably in the right hand, with the zoom, record, photo and exposure controls within easy reach. More extensive menu and playback controls are on the left-hand side of the camera, with a series of buttons behind an excellent 2.5" LCD viewfinder with brightness adjustment. An optical viewfinder with dioptric and height adjustment provides an alternative when conditions become too bright.
The 18X variable-speed optical zoom lens (for still and video shooting) is fast and, while not the largest in its class, would be well suited for most picture-taking situations.
Unlike some other cameras in this price range, the MVX330i delivers true 920,000 resolution, 16:9 widescreen video. This is a better option than simply stretching the video footage to fit the widescreen area or adding a black band at the top and bottom of the video screen.
Colour performance on the MVX330i could only be described as vibrant, with reds and greens extremely bright and saturated. Low light performance was reasonable with good quality in most daylight situations. A night mode is also available, but it delivered washed out, sepia-coloured footage.
The MVX330i supports FireWire (or IEEE 1394) and USB 2.0. There is no S-Video connection on the MVX330i, but you do get an AV plug allowing stereo audio and composite video input and output. Although there is ample room to move the camera about when on a tripod, you would need to take the camera off the mount to change a DV tape.
The Canon MVX330i has enough features and quality to make it a cut above the average entry-level camcorder.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Launches the Arlo Go LTE Wire-Free Camera on Telstra’s Mobile Network
- D-Link Wins Prestigious iF Design Award 2018
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Management LeadOther
- FTSystem Administrator/ Level 3 SupportQLD
- TPAgile Business Analyst | Federal Government | EL1QLD
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Enterprise Reference DataOther
- TPOffice 365 Technical LeadQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- CCSAP ArchiectNSW
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTLead Business Analyst - Senior Digital ConsultantACT
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTRelease ManagerVIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java/AWS/NoSQL)Other