Canon Pixma iP4300
- Fast, good quality prints
- Technical instructions
The Pixma iP4300 has it all: speed, impressive output quality, and a good price.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Pixma iP4300 is fast, its print quality is good, and it has some nice features. Though it does suffer from a few design shortcomings, we recommend it highly.
The Pixma iP4300 set records in all of our speed tests, blasting through ten pages of text at a rate of 11.9 pages per minute. Graphics and photos also printed at a fast pace.
Its print quality showed the advantages of its five-ink design, which uses cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and pigment-black cartridges. The last of these inks helped produce black and mostly precise text output. Photos looked bright and natural on glossy paper, but on plain paper the same images looked a bit grainy and had some banding. Greyscale photos appeared a little rough, and diagonal or curved lines seemed slightly jagged.
The Pixma iP4300 has automatic duplexing (allowing for two-sided printing)--a great bonus for a photo printer at this price. It comes with two 150-sheet input trays, one vertical and one flat-mounted underneath. To designate which tray to use, you press a slim button on the front control panel; next to it, a lighted diagram confirms your choice. The supplied output tray can hold 75 pages.
This printer combines useful features and solid performance, but the design seems intended for sharp-eyed people only. Controls are labelled with small, unintuitive icons that do not clearly indicate their functions. Markings for the PictBridge port and the flat-mounted input tray are in almost the same colour as the surrounding plastic, which makes them hard to read.
Though printed and HTML-based documentation for this printer is generally good, the Easy Setup Instructions poster doesn't always make things easy. It assumes that you know what and where all the parts are (for a detailed explanation, you must consult the HTML-based guide). An illustration of how to adjust the paper size in the tray mounted beneath the printer fails to explain how all the sliders work--and they're tricky.
Canon throws in some useful bundled software. Easy-PhotoPrint and PhotoRecord let you edit, organize, and print digital photos. Easy-WebPrint helps you format and print Web content so it doesn't run off the page.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Rail Industry or Survey or Construction bkgrdOther
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCPNI ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTCloud Test Engineer - AWS/Azure - IaaSOther
- TPApplication Support AdministratorVIC
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther