Canon PIXMA iP6700D
- PC-less printing very good.
- Skin tones a bit bronzed, not so good for printing text.
The iP6700D is a good six-ink photo printer with a nice LCD and PC-less printing options. However, iP6600D owners don't need up upgrade unless the improved paper support or Canon-to-Canon feature is on their wish list.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Canon's new PIXMA iP6700D photo printer is the successor to the company's iP6600D, one of the best products of 2006. The $349 iP6700D is first and foremost a photo printer. In our tests, it produced high-quality prints on photo paper; images were vibrant, but skin tones were a bit too bronzed.
The device is less adept at printing text. Unlike the Canon PIXMA iP5200R, it doesn't use pigment black ink; as a result, its text output wasn't as dark. We also saw fuzzy edges on some letters.
Like its predecessor, the iP6700D printed 3.2 full text pages per minute (ppm) and generated graphics at 1.5ppm -- no challenge to the iP5200R's marks of 8.7 and 2.9ppm. The iP6700D made a 5x7in photo in 45 seconds, sluggish next to other printers we have tested.
The iP6700D's stunning 3.5in colour pop-up display makes light work of menu navigation, image previews, and basic photo touch-ups without the need for a PC. Its infrared interface can receive images from some phones, and a $99 add-on provides wireless Bluetooth printing.
A direct-print port also lets you use a USB cable to print from a PictBridge-compatible digital camera (but unlike some competing models, not from a portable USB drive).
One notable new feature: the iP6700D incorporates what the company dubs the "Canon-to-Canon Direct Advantage". When you use the printer with select Canon cameras, you can touch-up photos, print a contact sheet, and more, all from the camera's controls. The printer's two media card slots read most common card formats.
The iP6700D adds support for several new paper sizes and Canon's Fine Art Photo Rag paper. The printer uses an underside cassette drawer and an upright sheet feeder that both hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper. An automatic-duplexer setting allows for double-sided prints.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTIBC Technical Specialist/ Project CoordinatorOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTSOE Architect - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCIntegration Specialist-Tibco & MulesoftNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior/Mid Front-end Developer/DesignerOther
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCData ArchitectNSW