Canon PIXMA iP6700D
- PC-less printing very good.
- Skin tones a bit bronzed, not so good for printing text.
The iP6700D is a good six-ink photo printer with a nice LCD and PC-less printing options. However, iP6600D owners don't need up upgrade unless the improved paper support or Canon-to-Canon feature is on their wish list.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Canon's new PIXMA iP6700D photo printer is the successor to the company's iP6600D, one of the best products of 2006. The $349 iP6700D is first and foremost a photo printer. In our tests, it produced high-quality prints on photo paper; images were vibrant, but skin tones were a bit too bronzed.
The device is less adept at printing text. Unlike the Canon PIXMA iP5200R, it doesn't use pigment black ink; as a result, its text output wasn't as dark. We also saw fuzzy edges on some letters.
Like its predecessor, the iP6700D printed 3.2 full text pages per minute (ppm) and generated graphics at 1.5ppm -- no challenge to the iP5200R's marks of 8.7 and 2.9ppm. The iP6700D made a 5x7in photo in 45 seconds, sluggish next to other printers we have tested.
The iP6700D's stunning 3.5in colour pop-up display makes light work of menu navigation, image previews, and basic photo touch-ups without the need for a PC. Its infrared interface can receive images from some phones, and a $99 add-on provides wireless Bluetooth printing.
A direct-print port also lets you use a USB cable to print from a PictBridge-compatible digital camera (but unlike some competing models, not from a portable USB drive).
One notable new feature: the iP6700D incorporates what the company dubs the "Canon-to-Canon Direct Advantage". When you use the printer with select Canon cameras, you can touch-up photos, print a contact sheet, and more, all from the camera's controls. The printer's two media card slots read most common card formats.
The iP6700D adds support for several new paper sizes and Canon's Fine Art Photo Rag paper. The printer uses an underside cassette drawer and an upright sheet feeder that both hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper. An automatic-duplexer setting allows for double-sided prints.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst - IntermediateQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- TPProject SchedulerQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTProgram Communications SpecialistOther
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Test AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperVIC