Canon Pixma iP90
- Fast text printing, clarity of prints
- Lacks memory card slots
This portable gives speedy prints, but beware the cost of extras.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Canon's PIXMA iP90 portable photo printer offers good prints for mobile users. The 1.8kg unit prints better and faster than its predecessor, the Canon i80, and even competes with full-size rivals.
We clocked the iP90 printing text at 6.3 pages per minute (ppm)--faster than many desktop inkjet printers and 10% quicker than the i80. Colour graphics came at a relatively slow 1.4ppm, but our test photo printed in a reasonable 2 minutes and 33 seconds, nearly a minute faster than the i80.
In our quality tests, the iP90 produced text documents with finely formed characters. The print was dark and very readable, although on several occasions we noticed slightly misaligned characters. There was also a moderate amount of banding in our plain-paper line art and colour graphics samples, but overall, the clarity of the prints impressed us. On photo paper, colour and greyscale images looked a little light; and compared with prints from full-size inkjets, the images lacked some contrast, which made them look slightly blurry. That said, the unit produced very crisp photos for a portable printer.
The iP90 comes equipped with a 198gm universal power adapter, but to get the most uptime on your travels, you'll have to spring for the optional battery and charging kit or car power adapter.
The iP90 offers plenty of connectivity options, but lacks the memory card slots found on some portable printers. In addition to a USB port, there's a built-in infrared port (useful with mobile phone cameras), a PictBridge port for compatible cameras, and a Bluetooth option.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTChange Manager - must have experience working in Fin ServicesOther
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTPre Sales Architect - Cyber SecurityACT
- CCiMIS SpecialistACT
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCSAP WCEM/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- PTMultiple Security AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD