The Canon Pixma MX320 is a multifunction printer, scanner, copier fax that comes with a rare bonus: honest print-speed figures
- Honest print-speed figures, auto document feeder
- High running costs
Where the Canon Pixma MX320 MFP really struggles is with running costs. Both mono and colour prints are rather steep in comparison with many an MFP in the sub-$150 market, a heavily populated category these days. With average speed, high running costs, and a number of features not quite achieving their potential, the MX320 struggles to justify itself when there are so many strong rivals around.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
There are some nice features on the Canon Pixma MX320. Scans can be directly transferred to a USB memory stick, and the 30-sheet auto document feeder increases the functionality of the scan and fax components. A Bluetooth adapter can be easily added for extra connectivity.
Unfortunately, the Canon Pixma MX320 doesn't totally succeed when it comes to its performance. Those figures that we stated earlier are quite slow, even if you're just comparing real-world performance rather than manufacturers' figures.
Text output is fuzzy at the lowest level. Standard mode text (at 6.2ppm) is darker, but still not well defined. For relatively clean output you'll need to allow for just 1.9ppm — and even here the results aren't stunning.
We were more impressed with the Canon Pixma MX320's graphics output. The palette is a little too bright for our tastes, but prints still offer plenty of detail. And even the fastest 3.8ppm mode is quite palatable, with the 1.7ppm standard mode proving perfectly attractive.
The Canon Pixma MX320's scanning component is lacklustre. While it's more substantial than on many an MFP we've seen, the results still aren't great, with pale output all too common.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Google partners with PayPal to bring new checkout options for Android Pay
- Expect prices for PCs and mobile devices to rise this year
- Facebook may use Messenger to push into retail payments
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProgram DirectorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CC2 x Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT