Canon PowerShot S60
- Great pictures, full set of features
Much lighter and smaller point-and-shoot cameras are available, but the S60 is a great choice for people seeking a camera that has powerful creative controls.
Price$ 849.00 (AUD)
If your number one priority for a digital camera is that it doesn't pull your breast pocket down to belly button level, you'll want to skip the Canon PowerShot S60. Although it has the typical oblong shape of a point-and-shoot and weighs less than its predecessor, the PowerShot S50, it comes in at 230g--on the heavy side for this class of camera. On the other hand, if you're looking for a rugged camera that has extensive controls but can still easily fit a large coat pocket or small bag, the S60 is a great choice.
The most obvious change between the S50 and S60 is the colour: with this model, Canon abandoned the S50's black body treatment and returns to the brushed-silver tone of its other point-and-shoot PowerShots.
The S60 retains the five megapixel CCD of the S50 but has a longer zoom lens (3.6X, up from 3X) that starts out at the equivalent of 28mm, rather than 35mm. A novel feature added to the S60 is an underwater white-balance setting, handy if you want to surround your S60 with Canon's optional waterproof case.
The S60 also carries on its predecessor's ability to capture beautiful photos. It did a particularly fine job on our outdoor shots, displaying excellent colour and contrast.
The S60 has the extensive controls you'd likely expect from high-end cameras such as its much larger cousin, the PowerShot G5. In addition to manual white-balance calibration, full manual exposure control and shutter and aperture-priority modes, the S60 offers image bracketing, allows you to adjust flash output level manually and can capture images in RAW format.
It also has a great panorama mode and an illuminator to aid focusing in low light. Though neither of those is unique, the S60's overall breadth of features permits it to address many photographic situations that other point-and-shoots can't.
The S60 took 233 shots in our tests before the battery expired, providing slightly more than two hours of life.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPCommunications & Change AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-level Front End DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork DesignerQLD
- TPELearning and Change OfficerVIC
- TPLead Solutions Architect - SAP HCMQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / Project Support OfficerSA
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- TPDigital Content Writer and LeadACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCControl Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++NSW
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTMachine Learning Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperACT
- FTAutomation DeveloperOther
- TPTest CoordinatorQLD