Canon Selphy CP510
- Excellent print speeds, economical, Optional Battery back for mobility
- Looks ugly, Below average image quality
Though not a looker, lacking in versatility and slightly short on image quality, the Selphy CP510 is still worthy of your attention. That reasonable price and those brilliant running costs make this a good, cheap model.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Like Canon's Selphy CP400 the new CP510, lacks an LCD screen, any onboard options or storage card slots But the CP510 faces a lot more competition and, despite being cheaper than its predecessor, it doesn't stand out.
That said, it's blazingly fast and supremely economical. It's just a shame the image quality is only so-so.
What you get for your money is a boxy 300dpi thermal dye printer that's not much to look at. The ink ribbon is loaded on the left hand side and you get five sheets of paper to start with. The right hand side sports connectivity for PictBridge so you can hook up compatible imaging products and, if you want to be a Luddite, there's also a USB port, as well as a retractable mini-USB cable that can be attached to compatible cameras.
As with most thermal dye sub-printers, the photo paper has to pass several times and normally comes halfway out of the back of the printer, so the Selphy can't sit flush against the wall. Top marks for having an optional battery pack for mobility.
Canon claims print speeds of 58 seconds per print, which we matched - but these speeds are only possible if you're using a Canon camera with the Digic ll processor. We were using the Canon Ixus 750. That said, it's only a few seconds slower with other setups.
We took some shots on the Ixus 750 at a resolution of 3,072 x 2,304 and credit to Canon for the great colour matching. But the prints were immersed in a very light fog that spoiled some of the captured detail.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTInfrastructure Designer - Citrix/AWSOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- TPFrontend Developer - AngularNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSenior SAS DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTSecurity Business Analyst - $850 per dayOther
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- CCNetwork Data AdministratorWA
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTClinical Support Specialist - PermanentQLD
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect | eDRMS | 2 PositionsQLD
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- FTOperational Support Engineer - Linux & CiscoOther
- FTBusiness Transformation - Business AnalystOther