Canon Selphy CP730
- From camera to prints without any fuss, infrared and optional bluetooth
- Price of consumables, not the fastest printer on the market
Good quality prints from digital images in a PictBridge-compliant device. Ink and paper are not the cheapest however.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
If the word 'printer' conjures up an image of an oversized bland plastic box, you clearly haven't caught up with the growing trend for compact photo printers. The Selphy CP730 offers a perfect education in everything that's chic and seamless in print technology.
With its beautiful cream livery and delicately curved casing, the Selphy CP730 is easy on the eye, but don't be fooled: some serious functionality is packed into its case. Like many other compact photo printers, the CP730 offers a top resolution of 300x300dpi. This may not sound very much, but for postcards and photos, it tends to be ample. The Selphy is fully PictBridge-compliant, and it can take in files wirelessly from any mobile phone that supports IrDA (infrared data transmission). An optional Bluetooth unit is available.
Setting up the CP730 is fairly easy; just be prepared to leave a little room at the back for the paper to pop out, as it does regularly. Once it's in place and stocked with dye and paper, plug in a memory card and you can browse through available image files using the tiny 2in LCD screen. You can also use a few basic editing tools. The type of border can be tweaked, for instance, or you can try and make the image particularly vivid or transform it into a black and white, all without connecting the Selphy to a PC. It took us 88 seconds to print out a standard photo. This definitely doesn't make the CP730 the fastest printer available, but it's not particularly slow either. And the results were attractive and packed with colour. Canon claims these photos can last for 100 years, so the Selphy would make a good companion for any digital camera enthusiast.
Consumables aren't cheap. Each dye cartridge contains enough to print 36 pages - $26.50 will buy both the cartridge and 36 sheets. Users can also purchase a bulk pack for $53, which essentially buys three packs for the price of two.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- FTNetwork Design EngineerOther
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTChange and Business Deployment Specialist - $800 per dayOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- CCCerner Senior Applications Specialist - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Loyalty Program)Other
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA