Canon Selphy CP770
A printer that stands out.
- Red-eye removal, sepia and black and white effects, good connectivity
- Bluetooth connector not included
The Canon Selphy CP770 offers an excellent choice of connection and editing options and we couldn't fault it.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
With its striking yellow-and-white colour scheme, the Canon Selphy CP770 is a direct photo printer that really stands out.
Lightweight and practical, the Canon Selphy CP770 has a bucket design complete with detachable handle. When you're not using it you can store all the attachments and leads in the bucket and clip the handle back on to carry it to the nearest cupboard.
But it's not just the Canon Selphy CP770's design that impresses us.
The Canon Selphy CP770 can print from SD, MMC, Memory Stick or CompactFlash memory cards, from a camera over USB (cable supplied) or directly from a PictBridge-compatible camera. You can buy a separate Bluetooth connector to print wirelessly from a mobile phone.
You need to buy photo paper separately, however.
To print, simply plug in a memory card or camera and use the navigation buttons to scroll through the images. You can preview these on the 2.5in LCD display on top of the Canon Selphy CP770.
The Canon Selphy CP770's Menu button accesses settings options that include turning date stamps on or off, removing red-eye and adding sepia or black and white effects.
You can change the layout or the number of photos per page and apply image optimisation — a feature commonly found on digital cameras which, in practice, we found made little difference.
The Canon Selphy CP770 prints at a fixed resolution of 300dpi and took 44 seconds to produce a clear and bright credit-card sized sticker featuring our chosen image. Times differ slightly for larger images: we certainly noticed a difference with image optimisation turned on.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTMobile Application/ .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt ? 6 month contractVIC
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCService DesignerACT
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- FTProgram Director - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTETL DeveloperACT