Casio XJ-350 DLP
- Optical zoom creates much larger images, very bright
- Poor built-in speaker, no laser pointer
Good for a conference room offering very bright projection and a great optical zoom.
Price$ 3,495.00 (AUD)
Casio's XJ-350 DLP data projector is a well-designed product to suit both business and home users. We tested a shipping version with everything from PowerPoint presentations and digital photos to DVD movies and broadcast TV, and found plenty to like.
The most impressive feature of this native XGA resolution (1024 x 768) projector is a powerful 2X optical zoom lens that enables it to display larger images than models with fixed-focus lenses. The XJ-350 can project a 60" image at just 1.6m from the screen, and a huge 100" image at a distance of 2.7m.
The XJ-350's brightness rating of 2200 ANSI lumens makes it brighter than most lightweight projectors, which generally top out at roughly 1800 ANSI lumens. As a result, it's ideal for delivering colourful presentations with vibrant graphics and sharp text, either with the lights on in a small room or with the lights off in a larger room or small auditorium. These same capabilities (plus a low-noise mode) also make the unit a solid choice for home theatre viewing. The unit's remote has no laser pointer, and its built-in speaker is weak, but these are about the only drawbacks.
The XJ-350 is suitable for both the conference room and (to a lesser degree) the living room. Its strong illumination and powerful zoom lens make it quite a compelling option.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTOffice Manager / PAOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Corporate SuperOther
- CCBRM DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSupply Chain or Logistic IT Business Analysts - MULTIPLE ROLESOther
- FTChange Architect - technology and organisationalOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- FTNetwork EngineersOther
- CCSenior IOS DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Server & SOE EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager -AgileWA
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? Azure Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- FTRisk Manager x 2Other
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other