Casio XJ-350 DLP
- Optical zoom creates much larger images, very bright
- Poor built-in speaker, no laser pointer
Good for a conference room offering very bright projection and a great optical zoom.
Price$ 3,495.00 (AUD)
Casio's XJ-350 DLP data projector is a well-designed product to suit both business and home users. We tested a shipping version with everything from PowerPoint presentations and digital photos to DVD movies and broadcast TV, and found plenty to like.
The most impressive feature of this native XGA resolution (1024 x 768) projector is a powerful 2X optical zoom lens that enables it to display larger images than models with fixed-focus lenses. The XJ-350 can project a 60" image at just 1.6m from the screen, and a huge 100" image at a distance of 2.7m.
The XJ-350's brightness rating of 2200 ANSI lumens makes it brighter than most lightweight projectors, which generally top out at roughly 1800 ANSI lumens. As a result, it's ideal for delivering colourful presentations with vibrant graphics and sharp text, either with the lights on in a small room or with the lights off in a larger room or small auditorium. These same capabilities (plus a low-noise mode) also make the unit a solid choice for home theatre viewing. The unit's remote has no laser pointer, and its built-in speaker is weak, but these are about the only drawbacks.
The XJ-350 is suitable for both the conference room and (to a lesser degree) the living room. Its strong illumination and powerful zoom lens make it quite a compelling option.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTAPI Developer / Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Resource ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- CCJira AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other