Install CodySafe on a USB stick, and it lets you take applications along with you
- Nothing of note
Use CodySafe and, once you've got your USB drive set up the way you want, carry it with you, plug it into any computer, and you've got your applications and data, all within easy reach. Best of all, the software's free.
Why use a USB flash drive as a mere data shuttle? The free CodySafe is one of the cleverest ways you can find to turn a USB flash drive into what the developer calls a "computer on a stick".
Install CodySafe on a USB stick, and it lets you take applications along with you, managing them along with your documents and the drive itself. The beauty of this approach is that you can plug your USB drive into any computer, and never actually have to store data on the computer or use the computer's resources.
With CodySafe, everything can be done from the USB drive itself.
Install CodySafe on a USB flash drive, and when you run it from the drive, it looks very much like the Windows Vista Start menu. Install programs to the drive, and they show up on the CodySafe menu, just as they do in Vista; run programs by clicking on them. CodySafe also includes quick navigation to folders it creates, including Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video.
CodySafe also includes features for managing your USB drive, including a "Drive Doctor" for checking the health of the drive, an applications manager, and a "Find-if-Lost" feature that lets anyone who finds the lost drive find out your contact information so that they can get it back to you.
Vendor Codyssey.com also has a number of portable applications at their site that you can download for free to your USB drive, as well as links to other portable applications.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTStrategic Sourcing ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - HFC and FTTxOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTNBNJP00001080 - Facilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Designer - WealthOther
- FTProject Manager - Rail Industry or Survey or Construction bkgrdOther