Compro Australia VideoMate DVB-T300
- Hybrid tuner (analog and digital), excellent timeshifting, easy-to-use scheduler, ability to power up or shut down PC according to schedule
- Can't use remote and auto shutdown at the same time
This card is great value considering its versatility.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Capable of picking up analog signals in addition to digital TV signals, the DVB-T300 is a versatile and inexpensive card. Analog and digital TV cannot be watched at the same time, of course, but analog reception can be used in instances where digital TV transmission is poor, and vice versa. A cool feature of its software interface allows you to switch between analog or digital reception at the click of a button. It also has composite and S-Video input, which allows you to record video directly from your VCR, for example. In our tests, it performed this function very well.
This card also stands out for its ability to power up your PC. To schedule a recording for a time when your PC is shut down, you must first schedule a computer power-up, and then you must add a recording schedule. The card can power up your PC because it has a pass-through for your front-panel power connector. Instead of plugging this connector directly onto your motherboard, you must plug it into the DVB-T300, and then plug a patch cable, which is supplied, from the card to the motherboard.
The scheduler is part of a program called ComproDTV. It has an easy-to-use interface, similar in layout to what you may be used to with PowerDVD or WinDVD, but some functions, such as timeshifting, are hidden from view. To timeshift, you must right-click in the program window and select it from the menu to enable it. Then you will be able to pause live TV from the main control panel. By default, the program will timeshift data for 10 minutes, although this can be adjusted within the program's settings.
ComproDTV is much easier to use with the remote control. We had no problems controlling the DVB-T300 from the couch, although we did have to fiddle with a jumper setting to make the infrared interface usable. By doing this, we affected the card's ability to automatically power up the system. It appears you can't have your cake and eat it too.
The performance of the card was impressive. Its picture quality was excellent during TV watching. Recorded programs played back in very good quality using PowerDVD, although some recorded programs did suffer from audio synchronisation problems, possibly due to signal break-up during the live transmission.
At the time of writing, ComproDTV had recently been updated to version 22.214.171.124, which is the version we used for testing.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- CES 2018: Intel announces new 8th-Gen Vega M-integrated processors
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security - Operational TechnologyOther
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- CCSharePoint / Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTGenesys ConsultantACT
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAPS 6 Scrum MasterACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant/Snr Security ConsultantVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTPower BI DeveloperOther
- CCSAP HR TrainerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Project OfficerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC