Corel CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0
Essentials is a powerful and highly configurable all-in-one graphics package. Photo editing and management are a snap with this well-priced graphics suite.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
The latest version of CorelDRAW Essentials includes CorelDRAW, PhotoBook, Photo-Album and the Quickstart Manager.
Photobook is designed for retouching and editing photos and the PhotoAlbum is best used for the organisation and sharing of photos. The Quickstart Manager is a great tool for easy access to the applications; special projects or templates can be opened quickly with minimal fuss. First-time users need not feel left out, for an included training CD-ROM by Lynda Weinman (www.lynda.com) contains video clip tutorials and is a great introductory tool.
Missing that special something? CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 also includes two Hemera CD-ROMs containing 100,000 clip art images. It also supports approximately 250 templates and 500 TrueType fonts.
CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 is ideal for the home user or just anyone wishing to have more control over their digital photography. With more than just basic controls, Essentials presents some advanced options such as photo stitching, vector shapes support and CD burning support for archiving (see here for a screenshot).
Price is also a major factor in the buying decision and the current slew of graphics packages offer a trade-off between price and features. Microsoft's $269 Digital Image Suite, reviewed on page 29 this month, is con-siderably more costly than Essentials but offers more advanced options. Adobe's $159 Photoshop Elements 2 is less expensive but it provides less value for money, there being fewer tools and options.
Essentials is a cost-effective and well-rounded package to suit users with different levels of expertise.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCNP or CCIEOther
- FTEnvironmental Planner / Land Access CoordinationOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPSenior/Principal Business Analyst - TransformationQLD
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- CCContent WriterNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- TP.Net Web DeveloperSA
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther