Corel CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0
Essentials is a powerful and highly configurable all-in-one graphics package. Photo editing and management are a snap with this well-priced graphics suite.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
The latest version of CorelDRAW Essentials includes CorelDRAW, PhotoBook, Photo-Album and the Quickstart Manager.
Photobook is designed for retouching and editing photos and the PhotoAlbum is best used for the organisation and sharing of photos. The Quickstart Manager is a great tool for easy access to the applications; special projects or templates can be opened quickly with minimal fuss. First-time users need not feel left out, for an included training CD-ROM by Lynda Weinman (www.lynda.com) contains video clip tutorials and is a great introductory tool.
Missing that special something? CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 also includes two Hemera CD-ROMs containing 100,000 clip art images. It also supports approximately 250 templates and 500 TrueType fonts.
CorelDRAW Essentials 2.0 is ideal for the home user or just anyone wishing to have more control over their digital photography. With more than just basic controls, Essentials presents some advanced options such as photo stitching, vector shapes support and CD burning support for archiving (see here for a screenshot).
Price is also a major factor in the buying decision and the current slew of graphics packages offer a trade-off between price and features. Microsoft's $269 Digital Image Suite, reviewed on page 29 this month, is con-siderably more costly than Essentials but offers more advanced options. Adobe's $159 Photoshop Elements 2 is less expensive but it provides less value for money, there being fewer tools and options.
Essentials is a cost-effective and well-rounded package to suit users with different levels of expertise.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTJava Developer - AWS MicroservicesOther
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SEQQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (Cisco)NSW
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - $104/hrQLD
- FTUser Experience (UX) DeveloperOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- TPICT TrainerQLD
- FTPega DeveloperOther
- CCTririga DeveloperVIC
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTTechnology Support Team Leader - VR, AR, 3D PrintingOther
- FTIAM DevOps EngineerOther
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD