Corel Painter IX
If you're a serious artist, this ingenious package is a rewarding investment in your creativity.
Price$ 429.00 (AUD)
For 13 years now, Corel's Painter has been proving that digital art doesn't have to look, well, digital. And Painter IX shows that a venerable package can still learn new tricks. We tested a shipping version of this worthy upgrade.
As always, Painter's natural-media art implements, from watercolor brushes to felt-tip pens, produce uncannily realistic results--and the new Artists' Oils are the program's most sophisticated tools yet. You can load up a brush with oil paints that you've mixed yourself and then lay down a brushstroke that slowly dries.
Other refinements in this version include watercolors that stay "wet" even when you save a painting and come back to it later. Corel also has enhanced performance by up to 1000 percent, so that working with the virtual art supplies feels even more lifelike. Mastering Painter still takes time, but Corel made a few smart tweaks. For instance, cloning, which lets you paint over a photograph, now takes one step instead of five.
At $429, Painter isn't cheap,and the complete package costs $130 more than version 8 did. You also need a pen tablet such as Wacom's Intuos 3 to fully explore its potential. If you're a serious artist, this ingenious package is a rewarding investment in your creativity.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- TPEnterprise Applications AdministratorQLD
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- FTDigital Program Manager - Web & eCommerceOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC
- FTJava Application developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTIntegration Manager - (Oracle Fusion Middle ware)ACT
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Writer - Cloud HostingVIC
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerOther